Wire a SC-1012 into a Smart Siren?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Right now I have a Smart Siren in my truck. I like the Smart Siren but once in awhile I miss my old Carson mechanical siren. I was wondering if I could take a Carson SC-1012 and wire it into one of the switches on my Smart Siren? The Carson SC-1012 uses rocker switches so I assume if I eliminate the switch I could run it into my Smart Siren? The mechanical tone is the only part of the Carson that I am interested in. Opinions?

The bad part is that if this works I would think about getting a Power Call lol

Thanks

Eric

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
i dont really know how the smart sirens work, iv never used one before. but the way it looks if you can have the carson siren set to the on position for the mechanical tone and use a button on the smart siren to turn the power on for the siren that should work. or if you could replace the carson switch for a button on the smart siren i dont see why that wouldnt work

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
brooks said:
yes you can do it, but you need a relay since the Carson siren needs a negative trigger to turn it on and the smart siren puts out 12+

IIRC, there is a dip switch to change the trigger activation between positive and negative.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I've done exactly what you're asking about in my old Acura. I used a relay to change positive to negative trigger, but the setup worked like a charm!

Good Luck!

Seth

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I might have found a deal on a Carson SC-1002. I was thinking of running the power wire to my Smart Siren and leave the switch on for the mechinical siren. Would that work?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Eric1249 said:
I might have found a deal on a Carson SC-1002. I was thinking of running the power wire to my Smart Siren and leave the switch on for the mechinical siren. Would that work?

It should.. Just make sure your switch is a negative trigger. A positive trigger will not work.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Eric1249 said:
What is the difference between a negative and positive switch?

Positive is going to give you 12v when the switch is turned on... negative is going to ground when the switch is turned on. The sc1012 needs the negative switching or it won't work.

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.