Wired Installation - 2010 VW Jetta POV

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
First official install for Wired Installation.

Front :

2 HAW LED from strobes n more

^ red

4 strobes and more TIR 6

^ 2 amber

^ 2 red

Rear :

2 HAW LED from strobes n more

^ red

2 whelen LIN heads

^ red

The front has all strobes n more lights. We put the HAW in an extra pocket in the headlight housing. They work as nice intersection lights.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350543374.376223.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350543395.831346.jpg

Forgot to get more pics of the other lights up close.

The rear has strobes n more HAW in the outboard section of the tail light housing. And set of whelens on back deck

Front lit:

Prob more the come. Will update

FireMedic027

Nov 21, 2011
Armada, Michigan
I like the setup so far. I definitely like how you sync'd the front lights and I like the flash patterns all around. What do you use your vehicle for? What are your future plans for it?

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
FireMedic027 said:
I like the setup so far. I definitely like how you sync'd the front lights and I like the flash patterns all around. What do you use your vehicle for? What are your future plans for it?

I agree with the syncing. Also...amber to the front is different from the norm. Usually its in the back of POV's unless your CERT or something.

Apr 12, 2012
NC / TN / CT / SD
i like it

if your in a state that allows red only for povs i think adding a little amber or white helps catch peoples eye

nice install

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Interesting setup with the amber and no dash/visor lighting. Very nice sync job though. I too am curious as to why there is amber to the front though... :undecided:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Great use of the hideaways in front - I think that housing is for DRLs on higher-end models, not sure though.

But... red and amber in front, and all red in back? What the hell are you smoking? :suicide: Swap the red rear deck lights with the amber grille lights and it's perfect.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i too would rather see the amber in the Rear. and in the rear ONLY

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Yeah, I'm dead serious about the amber. When you've got amber and red lights together, particularly when the amber is in a more prominent position as you've got there, they pretty much cancel the emergency warning effect of the red lights and what you're left with is a public works vehicle, not an emergency vehicle.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
I like it.. A lot. Job well done. I honestly wouldn't change a thing.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
I agree however the customer is always right. Right? Anyways I think he is gonna upgrade controllers and have the ability to use the amber all alone. Time will tell. Keep the comments coming.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Ditch the amber to the front . At the least sell the amber lights and get a dashlight, that install definitely needs some upper warning. Nice Sync though.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
CrystalCoastUpfitters said:
i like it
if your in a state that allows red only for povs i think adding a little amber or white helps catch peoples eye

nice install

+1 here ... The front pattern is really neat, but the amber lights must go !! Imagine with clear instead !! :crackup:

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
5309 said:
How did you mount the rear deck lights? Can you take a picture please, i have the same car and need an idea

Really simple. Put some Velcro on bottom of light and pushed it in and wedged between window and deck. The Velcro keeps it from sliding and just drilled a hole down under light. The light is the bracket for the crown Vic to straddle the third brake light. I can get pics if needed let me know.

Jan 4, 2012
Central, Florida
Kd8bao said:
Really simple. Put some Velcro on bottom of light and pushed it in and wedged between window and deck. The Velcro keeps it from sliding and just drilled a hole down under light. The light is the bracket for the crown Vic to straddle the third brake light. I can get pics if needed let me know.

that be great. Also pics of control panel would help to.

Thanks!

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
I love the amber to the front, we run it too, although mainly tradition, and it's usually 1 or 2 heads.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Good idea, although with a standard gearbox, controls to the left of the steering wheel can be tricky to play with when you are running code in an urban environment and have to constantly switch gears (I should know, they do the same on our cars :( )

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
Amber and Red to the front.. thats not too surprising. some in my area do amber/blue/white to the front. have seen red/white to the front as well. but i havent seen much in the line of amber/red to the front. people here like to take advantage of the amber & white lights on parts of their cars being that they are neutral colors. some do red/blue/amber to the rear. i have seen some with green to the rear. there is one guy in the area that has a single purple light in his back window. dont ask me why.

anyway.. im no fan of VW's, but this looks pretty good. (to be honest im not really a fan of anything short of domestic car brands [ I.E. Ford, Chevy, Dodge] but i take what i can get)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.