Wiring Info for a Southern Vehicle Products ST-8000 Mini Light Bar

Big Blue 15

Nov 28, 2011
USA New Jersey
Good Evening All,

I am new to the forum, and appreciate all the advice anyone is willing to give. I have a SVP ST-8000 amber strobe mini lightbar that was given to me and i was looking to see if anyone can help with the wiring schematic so i dont have to do it the old fashion way and possibly damage the unit.

I am an electrican by trade so wiring is my forte' but wiring for light bars is honestly not something I am all that familliar with. I am looking to install this unit on a bucket truck I have.

I have no idea how old this unit is but being in the volunteer fire service and judging from what the older light bars vs the newer equipment looks like this looks as if it is built in the last 10 - 15 years or so.

Again thanks for any info you all can provide

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Big Blue 15 said:
Good Evening All,

I am new to the forum, and appreciate all the advice anyone is willing to give. I have a SVP ST-8000 amber strobe mini lightbar that was given to me and i was looking to see if anyone can help with the wiring schematic so i dont have to do it the old fashion way and possibly damage the unit.

I am an electrican by trade so wiring is my forte' but wiring for light bars is honestly not something I am all that familliar with. I am looking to install this unit on a bucket truck I have.

I have no idea how old this unit is but being in the volunteer fire service and judging from what the older light bars vs the newer equipment looks like this looks as if it is built in the last 10 - 15 years or so.

Again thanks for any info you all can provide

It must be an old bar because I cant find anything on their website about it. Can you give me details on the wires it has?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.