Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 4, 2012
Central, Florida

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
5309 said:
I have a Havis 7 switch panel and want to use the first switch as a master switch so that i could just hit 1 switch and all of the other switches that are already switched lights will come on. Not sure on how this will work or if there will be constant power running which i do not want.

here is a wire diagram of the panel.

http://www.havis.com/data/1-Mounting/Consoles/Accessories/Other/Switches/C-SP-3B-SB-WD_INST_6-09.pdf

Any help would be great.

When you say constant power running, what do you mean? To the Master switch? Don't use that schematic, there is a problem with the relay connection. Tell us what you want it to do exactly and we'll tell you exactly how to wire it. Also, what are the other switches powering (total amps)?

Tony

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
ERM said:
When you say constant power running, what do you mean? To the Master switch? Don't use that schematic, there is a problem with the relay connection. Tell us what you want it to do exactly and we'll tell you exactly how to wire it. Also, what are the other switches powering (total amps)?

Tony

He wants to use switch as a master power for switches 2-6.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
That I got. It's his last sentence that throws it off. Is he talking about an ignition wire to the master switch so the master is not hot all the time? Wanted clarification.

V

VTfireftr

You can set up the Havis switches to come on like that, but I would add a "sequencer".

The sequencer will be attached to the output of switch 1, and will turn on the other six switches in a timed sequence. This allows each switch to turn on and off seperately so you don't suddenly overload the master switch. You'll just have to take the input wire from switches 2-7 and wire them to the outputs of the sequencer.

To keep the switch panel from activating with the ignition off, you will have to wire in a relay to the main switch panel power feed that is ignition activated. If the ignition is off, the relay will stay open and not allow any power to the switch panel.

Clear as mud, right.

Hope it helps you out.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
did you search for this I KNOW its been brought up about a bagillion times

Jan 4, 2012
Central, Florida
ERM said:

Tony

SlickTop Solutions said:
He wants to use switch as a master power for switches 2-6.

Yes, i want to leave switch 1 as a master switch. 2-6 be powered from the master switch. i want to be able to leave switch 2-6 in the on position. and use switch 1 as the master for switch 2-6.

I have members that take this truck out and turn all the switches on thinking they need them all on. they dont get the concept that you would only need switch 1-4 turned on. They would turn on 1-6 and drive with the take downs and scene lights on.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
5309 said:
Yes, i want to leave switch 1 as a master switch. 2-6 be powered from the master switch. i want to be able to leave switch 2-6 in the on position. and use switch 1 as the master for switch 2-6.

I have members that take this truck out and turn all the switches on thinking they need them all on. they dont get the concept that you would only need switch 1-4 turned on. They would turn on 1-6 and drive with the take downs and scene lights on.

Amp draw? This will determine if you can wire switches 2-6 through switch 1, of if switch 1 has to control a relay which will power switches 2-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Stoic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.