May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Wailer said:
The Unitrol 80k has the worst sounding wail tone I've ever heard. :evil:

Now, that's just wrong... music to my ears. :twisted:

squad 51 fan

May 24, 2010
u.s.a.ph twp michigan
worse to install, cut fingers while installing, power connectors that don't clip together! mounting brackets that brake while mounting. blowning fuses after installing,

galls siren are made by carson so be gentle :oops:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Did a code 3 undercover that had two identical switches but one was momentary and one was not..... it mattered which one went where.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
i just youtube'd the unitrol to see what it sounded like, and realized thats the secondary electric sirens we have on our rigs at the FD. I think they sound great. Except for one which was messed up and was brutal to listen to lol :lol:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The Unitrol 80K wail tone sounds like a woman or child screaming at the highest possible pitch a human voice can reach. It's a gut -wrenching bawling sound to say the least. :evil:

If there is any electronic siren tone I love to hate the most, it's that one.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
A Galls used siren then I heard POP and that was the end of it. I got the guy a Whelen Duel Siren which he loves and will last him. The Galls Siren he had I dont believe was made by Carson.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Wailer said:
The Unitrol 80K wail tone sounds like a woman or child screaming at the highest possible pitch a human voice can reach. It's a gut -wrenching bawling sound to say the least. :evil:

If there is any electronic siren tone I love to hate the most, it's that one.
Nah. The Code 3 RLS yelp is much worse.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Solvarex said:
Nah. The Code 3 RLS yelp is much worse.

Code 3 anything... except for maybe the airhorn.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The only Code 3 sirens with a decent wail tone are the V-CON and Mastercom series.

I remember the city fire department having three pumper trucks and two aerial ladder trucks with Code 3 sirens. On one of the pumpers, the siren was wearing out and played at a lower than normal pitch. It actually sounded neat with the lower pitched tones. :D

The Code 3 brand was the first I heard with the electronic air horn tone. That was back in 1980-1981.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.