X-pattern sync in grille...fail or no fail...

EMSChief1

Jul 17, 2010
NY/NJ
Setting up 4 Soundoff LED3 minis in the grille and would like to do an X-pattern. Which do most people prefer ?

Option 1:

RED RED

BLUE BLUE

(red/blue flash together in X pattern)

or....................

Option 2:

RED BLUE

BLUE RED

(red/red then blue/blue in X pattern)?

I was told option 1 can give you that purple look and option 2 gives you a better footprint since it's more color specific at a time. Thoughts?

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
i like option 1, i had on my old charger red on top and white on the bottom on the 'X' pattern, and liked it better than your 2nd option.

ai832.photobucket.com_albums_zz248_HarborPatrol44_ELB_th_MVI_1508.jpg

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
Personally...I like the second option better. However, when my two RECT-13's flash together (R&W), I don't notice a pink tinge. I would think either configuration would be fine if adequately spaced...

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Option 1 definitely looks better at say 100ft, but beyond that (or someone with less than average vision) it would probably look purple. Option 2 seems the more logical way to go.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
I like 1 but only if there is enough space between the lights to not have the red and blue mix and appear purple.

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
Option 2 will make a bigger foot print because the like colors will be hitting at the same time. It will allow you to be seen from further away.

AggiePhil

Jul 17, 2010
Southwest
I prefer left to right (or vice versa) flashing rather than top to bottom or criss-cross. I'd put the reds on top of each other on the driver's side and the blues on the other side, then have them flash red/blue alternating.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMSChief1

Jul 17, 2010
NY/NJ
Finally wired it up synced them. I went with option 2 and I have to agree it gives a better footprint, especially from further away. Thanks guys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.