You asked for it....finally a video for the BatMobile Tahoe!

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
We recently added a Rumbler system and a pair of SoundOff Intersectors to the BatMobile Tahoe I built back in 2007.....and shot a half decent video for you guys. The Tahoe driving up next to the BatMobile towards the end was not built by me, but is a good customer of our business. Enjoy!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
If I heard that behind me, I'd be looking for ET.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Awsome, simply awsome. Now please for the love of God, do more installs. It like showing a crack head the crack, but not letting him smoke it... Lol

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
:jawdrop:
w00t%5B1%5D.gif
:inlove: I want it!!!

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
That setup is so slick, especially the grille lights. Flash pattern is a bit fast, but hey it's sexy!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
THANK YOU for finally getting a video of that!! Ever since first seeing the install thread, I have been DYING to see it!! :hail: :hail:

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Reviving this thread for a question. Does the Batmobile run a HLF with the Halo's in the daytime light spots at the same time? I noticed in the video that the only things running up front are the grill lights and the Halo's. Cajun?? Where you at, Bro? lol!!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
That is seriously a fine looking vehicle. I usually don't like running board stuff.. but that blue on black.... superb

....of course you have your amber to the front and clear to the rear, which of course is like nails down a chalkboard to me.... but when that chalkboard is blacked out and lined with blue LEDs.... who cares i guess

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
That is one sweet looking car! I do however agree about the amber to front and white to rear, which is a nono imho. I also wonder why, with all those lights, you did not install anything for proper front intersection warning, which is very important?!

Anyways, still a very sweet looking install!

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
runesson said:
That is one sweet looking car! I do however agree about the amber to front and white to rear, which is a nono imho. I also wonder why, with all those lights, you did not install anything for proper front intersection warning, which is very important?!

Anyways, still a very sweet looking install!
If you look at the OP in this thread, the builder states that he added some Sound Off Intersectors along with a Rumbler system so there was some intersection warning added, you just have to look closely at the underside of the side mirrors.

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
hitman38367 said:
If you look at the OP in this thread, the builder states that he added some Sound Off Intersectors along with a Rumbler system so there was some intersection warning added, you just have to look closely at the underside of the side mirrors.

Thank you. I´m vell aware of the SoundOff Signal Intersectors, both in general and on this car. They just aren´t front intersection warning, they´re side intersection-warning. The SOS Intersector SM will do the job, if mounted on/in/near the grille, but that is not the case here.

Illustrated example:

Intersection.jpg

Front intersect.jpg

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
hitman38367 said:
Reviving this thread for a question. Does the Batmobile run a HLF with the Halo's in the daytime light spots at the same time? I noticed in the video that the only things running up front are the grill lights and the Halo's. Cajun?? Where you at, Bro? lol!!

HLF are only active in POS 3. Video was shot in POS 2.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i think it looks great, but IMO, there's a lot that needs to be changed:

-lose the front amber, it looks like a turn signal and can be confusing to drivers. its confusing to me, and i know what im looking at.

-sync the front grill lights/LAWs

-lose one of the running board lights

-take that extra light and flush mount it into the side of the front bumper for REAL intersection coverage

-the pattern in the rear window is horrible and needs to be slowed down. your not trying to convey a sense of urgency or requesting the right-of-way, to the rear.

-LAWs in the tail lights AND a traffic-backer is too much and limits the effectiveness of both. its also confusing and just turns into a big blob of light. 4 synced R/B LAWs would be great on their own. As would the traffic backer.

its a great looking truck and im sure it gets the point across. i just think there are a few minor things that if changed, would really take this truck to the next level. :undecided:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Storm4200 said:

-lose the front amber, it looks like a turn signal and can be confusing to drivers. its confusing to me, and i know what im looking at.

-take that extra light and flush mount it into the side of the front bumper for REAL intersection coverage

-the pattern in the rear window is horrible and needs to be slowed down. your not trying to convey a sense of urgency or requesting the right-of-way, to the rear.

-LAWs in the tail lights AND a traffic-backer is too much and limits the effectiveness of both. its also confusing and just turns into a big blob of light. 4 synced R/B LAWs would be great on their own. As would the traffic backer.

its a great looking truck and im sure it gets the point across. i just think there are a few minor things that if changed, would really take this truck to the next level. :undecided:

there is always one....

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Storm4200 said:

ar6423 said:
there is always one....

Yup!! First of all Cajun is just plain awesomesauce, as are all his installs!!

He also sets vehicles up by the PURCHASERS desires.

Don't like it, go complain to them, do not sully Cajun or his fantasmical install/thread!!! :nono:

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
Zapp Brannigan said:

Don't like it, go complain to them, do not sully Cajun or his fantasmical install/thread!!! :nono:

What's wrong with constructive critique? Is this thread only for applause?

My personal opinion is allready covered in this thread and I can agree about Cajuns awsome record, but if there is something lacking I think it is ok to suggest improvements, regardless of whose idea it was. If you install it and post it, you gotta be able to take the critique.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
runesson said:
What's wrong with constructive critique? Is this thread only for applause?

My personal opinion is allready covered in this thread and I can agree about Cajuns awsome record, but if there is something lacking I think it is ok to suggest improvements, regardless of whose idea it was. If you install it and post it, you gotta be able to take the critique.

Constructive critiques and personal opinions are always welcomed. I built this truck back in 2007, and many ideas about lighting placement, pattern selection and coverage were discussed with the end user. Most of what you see on the vehicle is what they wanted. Some of it was a later addition insisted on by the end user, such as the hideaway leds in the tails that already had the "Traffic Backer" function active. Of course I advised against it, but they want what they want. This truck is currently running 4 AS-124 speakers on a dual Omega siren setup, and a Rumbler, and the end user STILL wants to add a Grover Stuttertone to it......see where I'm going here?

In any case, there is always room for change or improvement, but most of the time the suggested change or improvement is based on opinion, and not facts from studies or trials. What is considered a "no no" in your neck of the woods, is perfectly fine in mine. I see people suggesting color changes and criticizing split color applications all the time here, but what they don't realize most of the time is that the department equips their units the way the want, and the builder has NO say-so in what goes on the unit.....color or otherwise.

Sometimes the builder has the freedom to do some cool things on the unit, such as install a blue undercarriage glow kit or mount a pair of Whelen HALOs made for Crown Vics into the DRL spots in Tahoe headlights, like I did on this truck. I didn't want to tie the turn signals into the HALOs, so I split the warning function between the blue and amber colors on the heads, and the end user loved it. To me, that's all that mattered.

Keep the suggestions coming I say, but most of the time, what is being suggested (aside from colors, because departments run what they run) has already been discussed between the builder and the end user, so the point winds up being moot. Thanks to all of you that have commented both positively and suggestively, to my posts. As always, I am humbled by your support and accolades.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
runesson said:
Thank you. I´m vell aware of the SoundOff Signal Intersectors, both in general and on this car. They just aren´t front intersection warning, they´re side intersection-warning.

I've been saying this for YEARS!!! Finally, another guy in my corner... lol

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my mirror lights (currently have MirrorBeams on my Avalanche), but they are NO WAY intersection warning...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Zapp Brannigan said:

i did not for one moment complain to anyone, or bash Cajun's awsome install. If i'm complaining to anyone, it's to the customer who insisted on having these things installed (ie: traffic-backer and vertex). Now, the only thing i was saying was, IF IT WERE UP TO ME (which it's clearly not), THIS IS HOW I WOULD'VE done it. Everybody kept saying the install was "perfect". i simply disagreed. I understand builder builds what customer wants, i get it . I think the work on the truck looks solid, as do all of his other installs, i just don't agree with some of the customer's choices.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.