Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFD382

May 25, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
For me it depends on the traffic..If its a heavy traffic area I would go with a lightbar on the roof..For interior the whelen inner edge is good and the soundoff pinacle is also very bright...Just my .02

DFD382 said:
For me it depends on the traffic..If its a heavy traffic area I would go with a lightbar on the roof..For interior the whelen inner edge is good and the soundoff pinacle is also very bright...Just my .02

The reason I'm asking is because I currently have a Liberty and don't like the color arrangement on it. So instead of replacing the modules I am thinking of trading it in for an interior bar. Just something that does not show so much while you're in the vehicle.

P.S. I have a dodge 1500.

If I do this it won't be for a few months, even a year. I am just getting the opinions of others, maybe of those with a 1500 themselves. Or hell I most likely will just keep my Liberty and just change the colors. Options, options, options :undecided:

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
DFD382 said:

I agree with him on the lightbar. All of the major brands are good and some of the off brands are OK. Just depends on what you want to spend. Before you buy one ask yourself, how well will this be seen in traffic and at intersections in bright sunlight.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
My way of thinking is along the lines of these other fellas, plus think of gas. An interior bar isn't going to cut down on your gas mileage, but the Liberty would. Just weigh out the risks and benefits of either one. I have only seen the SVP Gen I Phantom and the StarBurst Phantom in person, and the StarBurst is super bright. But mind you, those are the only two I have seen in person.

I would personally go with interior, for the reason of saving gas, and people not tearing up your truck because they it's a police vehicle (actually happened to a friend).

I really only get 2mpg less with the Liberty, so I don't see that as a problem. And trust me it looks far from a police vehicle :haha: .

calebsheltonmed23 said:
My way of thinking is along the lines of these other fellas, plus think of gas. An interior bar isn't going to cut down on your gas mileage, but the Liberty would. Just weigh out the risks and benefits of either one. I have only seen the SVP Gen I Phantom and the StarBurst Phantom in person, and the StarBurst is super bright. But mind you, those are the only two I have seen in person.

I would personally go with interior, for the reason of saving gas, and people not tearing up your truck because they it's a police vehicle (actually happened to a friend).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.