Tomar Police Light II

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
So, I started looking for another dash light to put in my Jeep. I'm already getting a Galls dual strobe light but I'm also looking at the Tomar Police Light II in red/red.

Has anyone had any personal experience with this light? I've looked on here but didn't find any results unless I missed a thread.

Thanks.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Nice light, but not the brightest strobe on the market, especially in red. Red is the worst color for strobe brightness.

Ahh. Ok. Thanks. Like I said, I have a Galls branded SOS dash light coming but trying to figure out what else I want.

I like leds but I wanna try to stick to strobe if I can. I entertained the idea, and still might, of making a dash light out of 1 or 2 Oscilators. Not sure on that idea though.

I just saw these Youtube and on Tomars website and thought it might be a good light to try out.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Nice light, but not the brightest strobe on the market, especially in red. Red is the worst color for strobe brightness.
I thought TOMAR's main selling point was that their strobes don't have this effect, since they used a bit of neon gas in the strobe tube in addition to normal xenon, so they called it NEOBE because it used NEon. That made red strobes look brighter with less color deterioration since neon naturally glows red when you pass a current through it. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: dmathieu

JustinMoon205

Dec 20, 2015
Birmingham, Alabama
They are a great light. True red, due to the neon (neobe) effect. I have three of them, two are red/red and one is red/clear. They were in my personal vehicle and I switched out to an LED stick instead. They are in excellent shape. Message me if you might be interested in them for a good price.

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
OK so this is a year old...

But I wanted to throw my support in for the TOMAR strobe. I had one in green/white as a member of a volunteer ambulance service here in NY. It was extraordinarily bright with an attention getting flash pattern. It was almost TOO bright if memory serves. Got instant attention from traffic.

Not too sure where you can get these anymore. Say what you will about the technology being old but these are BRIGHT lights that do not lose their true color like some other strobes do. I'd highly recommend one for a first responder.

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.