Signal-Stat Stat VII siren

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Scooped this up not knowing if it functioned or not. Had time to test it today... It accepts power and the button lights up. When Mod I is selected, I get some tones but not like it should sound. Sounds like a bad transistor or whatever inside. On the other mod, nothing.

So if any of you siren repair guru's have ideas, I wouldn't be opposed to sending it to one of you for repair.

Got it back and working now!:
rsz_img_20160623_200819141.jpg rsz_img_20160623_200832010.jpg

Last edited:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
My favourite is the NYPD Stat VI with yelp and hi-lo only. The yelp sounds like the early Smith & Wesson Magnum series electronic sirens.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Yup, I'm that guy. I have schematics and would be happy to work on this amazing find.

Does it produce any tones when the MOD switch is in the center/off position?

Kent

Kent,
It does not. Only in that Mod 1 spot and in that position the yelp button works (sounds bad) and the tones on the dial work (sound bad as well). The yelp button doesn't work when on the horn mode in any position. I will send you a PM tomorrow to see if we can set something up to have you take a look at it.
-Tony

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That sounds great! Well, it sounds awful as all Signal Stat sirens did, but it sounds like it should so therefore it sounds great. Blast from the past as NYPD and New York Presbyterian EMS used these in the past.

Reactions: tsquale

Wackjob

Sep 6, 2016
Stroudsburg, Pa
This is for MtnMan !!! Thanks for all the information. I notice there are two slide switches inside on the circuit board. One I would imagine is for the 50 watt / 100 watt out put. Any idea what the other small slide switch is ???

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
This is for MtnMan !!! Thanks for all the information. I notice there are two slide switches inside on the circuit board.

There are three slide switches on the Mark VII PC board:

Switch at the rear of the board is 58/100 W.

Switch at the front left (directly behind the function selector) is a three-position slide that disables either the wail or hi-lo tones. Center is normal operation.

Switch at the font right is horn ring polarity.

Wackjob

Sep 6, 2016
Stroudsburg, Pa
Thank you. Would you also happen to know the pin index for wiring the mike. I have a Federal mike I would like to convert to the smaller plug. Thank you again !!!

PS Wired it up and It's a throw back to my NYC*EMS days !!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.