01-05 PPV Impala HLF Wiring, Where is it?

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
I know where the flasher plugs in under the hood and behind the grill. Where inside the car would I find wiring to control it? That is if the people who decommissioned my car did not cut it all out like they did with all my horn wiring. :angry:

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
There should be a bundle of wires under the right side of the dash, possibly coiled up under the carpet.   I think your looking for  a green wire with red stripe--I think.  I know thats the color of the newer Impala, and I think the older one is the same.   I cant remember.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
There should be a bundle of wires under the right side of the dash, possibly coiled up under the carpet.   I think your looking for  a green wire with red stripe--I think.  I know thats the color of the newer Impala, and I think the older one is the same.   I cant remember.
Alright I will see what colors I got at the plug and see if I can find it inside and if I find it put a toner on it. My luck it will be one I cut out sometime I got frustrated at the boatload of wire under every piece of interior in the thing.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I found mine labelled and under the front passenger floor mat of Dorothy. It's a pink 16 gauge wire labelled "6J3". 

Plug and play the flasher, then put power to that pink wire. 

I know you said you already found the location, but I had this image saved from a previous discussion and wanted to upload it here in case someone runs across this issue in the future. 

-Pimp

impalahlf0qh.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.