01 Dodge Ram 2500 Wig Wag issue

svfd450

May 23, 2010
Hartford County
hey guys,

need a hand on this. is this vehicle pos or neg switching. I am trying to hook up a whelen 2150A wig wag module and so far can only get the lights to wig wag when I manually turn on the lights from the cab. does anyone have a wiring diagram for this flasher?

thanks,

steve

ibby

May 28, 2010
svfd450 said:
hey guys,

need a hand on this. is this vehicle pos or neg switching. I am trying to hook up a whelen 2150A wig wag module and so far can only get the lights to wig wag when I manually turn on the lights from the cab. does anyone have a wiring diagram for this flasher?

thanks,

steve

I was having the exact same problem with my tail light flasher, where it would only work if i turned the lights on manually.

After some troubleshooting, i found it was because i had the wire patched to the MINOR brake line instead of the MAJOR brake line. This meant that there was constant current running to the override built into the flasher that cuts it if you applied the brake.

All of this means that you might have accidentally tapped into the running light wire instead of the high beam wire (especially if it is the same bulb) so just trace your wires to make sure.

Cheers,

Ibby

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.