03 Sierra 2500hd with homemade "havis box" and excalibur + teaser

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Alrighty guys, here she is all said and done. Well mostly. This is my dads truck. 03 GMC Sierra 2500hd. 6.0 liter. I upgraded his MX7000 to this Excal I got from a local guy. The bar still needs take downs and alleys, but its all wired for it and hooked up so all I have to do is add the lights into the bar.

The bar: 3 standard speed rotators. 4 strobes (2 front, 2 rear), 2 intersection strobes. 4 flashers. (for now. I got the others I am going to add to the bar just haven't installed them yet.)

The custom siren console: Yes I made this all from scratch. No help from anyone. Its 1/4" ABS plastic. I used a piece of 1/2" ply wood for the base and went from there. The siren is a also a code 3 (drawing a blank right now on the name of it).

Also I am working on building a box for a Signal Vehicle Products LCS880. Its going in the same kind of truck I will post pics of it when its done.

03 GMC 001.jpg

03 GMC 002.jpg

03 GMC 003.jpg

03 GMC 004.jpg

03 GMC 007.jpg

03 GMC 005.jpg

03 GMC 006.jpg

03 GMC 008.jpg

03 GMC 009.jpg

03 GMC 010.jpg

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
That bar sits perfect on that truck bro looks sweet i wish i had a big truck to mount a lightbar on.

Love it

But we need a darn video mannnnn

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I absolutely love strobe/rotator combo bars, great job!

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Thanks for all the positive feed back. I got the plastic from a local sign shop. When I got it it was a 4' by 8' sheet, but that was probably 6 years ago. I've done a ton of boxes like this. I forget what I paid for it, but I am going to be needing to make another order of it.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Station 3 said:
That bar sits perfect on that truck bro looks sweet i wish i had a big truck to mount a lightbar on.

Love it

But we need a darn video mannnnn

I'll get one up tomorrow.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
That truck is sweet! Any plans for grill lights or a high beam flasher?

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I don't know. Maybe a code 3 700 flasher for the highbeams. That way I can hook the steady burn up to the highbeam switch on the truck so if the flasher is on and the highbeams are needed the flasher will steady burn the highbeams until the lows are turned back on or the flasher is shut off. Or I thought about doing a set of sound off LED3s in the grille like my truck. 2 reds on the top and 2 clears on the bottom. Also adding the clears to the park kill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.