04 dodge ram strobe and led?

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
hey guys. im going to be working on an 04 dodge ram 1500 soon and the plans so far are, a whelen mini edge, custom made 8 head TA with brake lights and 4 strobes in the tailights. the edge is going to be amber along with the TA with red brake lights and turn signals.

my question is, there is going to be 8 rear facing strobes and the traffic advisor, i feel this might be a tad confusing and either the led bar might just be drowned out and just be confusing? what are your opinions on that.

the mini edge is going to be mounted ontop of a back rack and just under that, the TA bar.

thanks

aacosta367

Sep 18, 2012
North Jersery
depends cause doing road work on a highway, the light bar will be higher off the ground and will be seen by truck driver far away and also give you a 360 coverage.

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
a whelen tir3. gen3 leds three of them per light head. im planning on having 8 across the width of a standard sized pickup. 6 flashing amber and 2 reds for brake/turn signal.

there not linear

whelen tir3.JPG

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
aacosta367 said:
depends cause doing road work on a highway, the light bar will be higher off the ground and will be seen by truck driver far away and also give you a 360 coverage.

i didnt think about it that way. good point. i was gonna put the strobe and led on a seperate switch anyway. i guess ill see how it turns out haha

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i dont think it will be too bad. Run the light bar, and the tail light strobes on a seperate switch, that way you can run just the TA and the HAWs, and shut off the lightbar if need be....

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
Should not have a problem with the TA using TIR leds. Set it up the way Storm4200 suggested. Are you going to use a whelen TACTLD1.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.