litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
Top down:

Yeasu FT8800

Whelen MPC-01

Cupholder

Uniden 996 digital scanner

Colormatched to interior trim using vinyl paint from local body shop.

001.JPG

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Looks great John... I think I would have taking it one step further and color matched the faceplates too... lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
litning said:
I thought about doing that, but the theme of the interior is black and tan... tan trim with black middle.

I agree with you leaving it this color.. Looks sharp man

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Now all you need is a place for your portable, leaving it in the cupholder would eventually make me go crazy.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
lafd55 said:
Now all you need is a place for your portable, leaving it in the cupholder would eventually make me go crazy.

my xts3000 sits in the cupholder quite often and it drives me crazy for sure.

Looking good fellow New Hampshirite!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
hmmm ham radio, scanner, siren and ht?

looks good.

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
lafd55 said:

when I had another portable with a different dept, it came with a shoulder strap / holder which was slung around the headrest on the passenger seat. I need to get one for this radio along with a speaker mic... truthfully, i almost never my cupholders to hold... well... a cup. It is usually a collect-all for stuff, like cell phone, camera, HT, breath mints, etc...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
litning said:
I thought about doing that, but the theme of the interior is black and tan... tan trim with black middle.

I think its the "squared-off-ness" of the plates that I don't like... It clashes with the rounded corners of the interior... lol (yes, I'm fully aware of how weird I am... lol)

Still look pimp... :thumbsup:

uniden278

Oct 10, 2011
Winthrop, MA
Does this console still allow you to keep the factory center console? If so, I wish I had one of these when I had my console... its pretty sweet looking!

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
yup, it's a direct replacement for the top half. there are some pretty severe limitaitons in what you can put in there as there is really only one deep section, where I put the scanner. the remaining 3 sections aren't deep enough to put a full size scanner.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
litning said:
Top down:

Yeasu FT8800

Whelen MPC-01

Cupholder

Uniden 996 digital scanner

Colormatched to interior trim using vinyl paint from local body shop.

I love this. I wish I could done this with my 2003 tahoe. What does the rest of the truck look like?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.