05 tahoe pov

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
2005 chevrolet Tahoe for fd responses in southeast and central Texas.

Currently installed: front has a feniex Pegasus split ( r/b/r/b/t/t/b/r/b/r), 2 (1 red / 1 blue) python1x (corners of windshield), cobra 2x (r/b) in between the Pegasus and 2 sound off nforce (r/b) in the grill. left and right side have cobra t6 (R/B) in the passenger windows and 1 sound off nforce (r/b) in the rear side windows and 1 red and 1 blue feniex hideaway on the running boards. rear has 2 python 1000 ( 1 r/r/r/r/a/a/b/b/b/b) and ( 1 r/a/a/a/a/a/a/a/a/r) and 2 cobra 200 (1 all red and 1 all blue) and 4 fairy leds in the taillights w/b.there currently is a whelen 295hfsal 200watt siren installed with 2 speakers (behind the front bumper mounted to the frame). there is a whelen 295hfsl100 mounted under the driver seat with 1 speaker mounted behind the grill on a bracket between the 2 sound off nforce. both sirens can be activated with a single switch as shown in the video. or i can use the manual tone/air horn with the two momentary switches. the switch box is a whelen pcc10w 10 function lighted switch box. i have a cheap brand of light on the back hatch for lighting in the rear storage area. i have reflective tape on the edges of the back hatch that work proficiently. black box is from tractor supply. holds my fire gear, police gear and tools to work on my vehicle. steam light flashlight charger is mounted in the left rear storage compartment.

IMAG3319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i like it a lot so far. the proposed changes sound good. i love the pattern on the front Pegasus, it makes it look like its a dual color bar. the only thing i can see that needs to be changed is the rear Python 1000s. theyre mounted too close together and they just blur. you can barley tell its two bars. especially if you are trying to use a directional pattern. my suggestion is moving one of them to the bottom of the rear windshield to give them some color separation. i think it will make a huge difference.

but like i said, i like it a lot. i look forward to seeing the progression.

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
thanks! the rear lights bars arent always used together. when responding its red/blue but when on scene of a t/a or whatever and the directional is needed then one is turned off and the other turned on. the bottom of the window is hard to put a full length bar thats why im putting the two cobra 200s back there on each side. the replacement t6 and the cobra 2x are on their way. ordered them yesterday.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Ok nice. If you shut one off to use the other, than carry on.

Like I said, looks great so far.

I also only use my TAs directional patterns if the other warning lights are shut off. It becomes too confusing to the idiot public.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
JEFF/MP/FF said:
thanks! the rear lights bars arent always used together. when responding its red/blue but when on scene of a t/a or whatever and the directional is needed then one is turned off and the other turned on. the bottom of the window is hard to put a full length bar thats why im putting the two cobra 200s back there on each side. the replacement t6 and the cobra 2x are on their way. ordered them yesterday.

Out of curiosity why did you buy two sticks for the back when you could have bought a dual color TA and saved some $$?

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
because i wanted to keep everything from feniex.if they had dual bars then i woulda got it but im sure theyll have that in the future and like the guy above said i could move them and use them both.

Ren12

Jun 13, 2012
SE Pennsylvania
Storm4200 said:
i love the pattern on the front Pegasus, it makes it look like its a dual color bar.

+1 that pattern looks great. I too am looking forward to see it after the adjustments are completed. Overall, great job I like it.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love it and the planned additions. I'm glad to hear the 2 lightsticks aren't on at the same time, but to have that dual warning and T/A option, I would've personally gone with the dual color SNM E66 or dual color axixtech commander.

I'd really love to see a pair of solid color T6 on the running boards.

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
yeah i was thinking about doing that but it'll be some work getting under there and wiring and drilling on the running board. deff gonna put some there but thatll probably be last.

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
ima take the 200s off the sides today and put the t6 on the left where its missing and more the 200s to the bottom back because ima order the side lights next week. thanks for all the likes!

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Nice looking Tahoe, I like your setup. I'm surprised you're allowed R/B all the way around...in my state only Police can have that. Fire guys can have R/B to the rear but only blue/white towards the front. Looks good!

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
thats why i like the state of texas. even a lot of police don't think we can have it but i work law enforcement too and carry the law stating that i can have red and blue 360. my dept requires 360 lighting and siren, only clear to the front and sides and amber to the back only but its mandatory to have a amber light in the back no matter what. last weekend i even had a cop pull over to let me at 115am while responding to an entrapment.

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
the placement of the lights on the side and bottom of the back window if you compare the 2 day videos. and i put the switched in the dash for the sirens. still getting new lights to put in. just put in white lights on the rear hatch so i can have white lights to use at work lights no pic yet.thanks for liking it.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I like it!! A lot!

:thumbsup:

maybe slow and sync the side IONs?

Ren12

Jun 13, 2012
SE Pennsylvania
JEFF/MP/FF said:
.. trying to find some tir3 slim lighters to go in the back side windows

As far as the rear of the vehicle goes, I'd like to see, believe it or not, some lights removed and possibly the patterns slowed down a bit or synched differently.

I'd remove the 1 python 1000 (1 r/r/r/r/a/a/b/b/b/b) and the 2 cobra 200 (1 all red and 1 all blue) all together. The one (1 r/a/a/a/a/a/a/a/a/r) and 4 LAW's is more than enough to enough to accomplish what you're trying to do & would be 100x more effective. The way it's set up now - you'll have too many people wrecking into the back of your vehicle while having grand mol seizures. Just my .02 cents not trying to bust balls. Love the siren setup by the way.

JEFF/MP/FF

Jul 27, 2011
harris county texas
the red and blue in the rear are the ones primarily use. the amber bar is only used when I'm doing non fire/ems stuff. or when I'm doing a public relations event and blocking traffic. people where i live (the whole 90 thousand in 24 square miles) don't move or care for red/amber. when they see red/blue then they actually pay attention.friend got hit and they blamed him saying he didn't have enough lights to become seen in a intersection... he had more than me and a rumbler... i set my rrrraabbbb bar up like that because thats how most of the s/o vehicles are here that are unmarked. I'm probably gonna slow the red and blue cobras down and most likely the python 1000. the slim lighters i wanna put are gonna go on the passenger and driver side windows and take the nforce out of those windows. the t6s are gonna be taken out the window too and put on the sides of a push bumper when i get one. and thanks regarding the sirens. i got tired of hitting multiple buttons to respond now just those switches. deff am heard from a distance

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.