06 F350 dump Winter Operations upfit

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
IMG_3162.JPG So my latest "project" is as above.
Getting Apollo F6 A/W on front corners, T3's on the grille, a Whelen DoT kit on the upper corners, and a pair of Lifetime REC's to light up the rear.

Halfway there today, updates to follow

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
What about a minibar or 1-2 beacons up top?
For snow/utility work, I think the best way to go is with 360 warning up top. I think 2 beacons would give you max visibility b/c you can spread them out a few feet apart, instead of having a single minibar centered. L31’s & Rotabeams are great but pricey, but SNM has decent beacons, like the SNM elite with rotator patterns, too

Last edited:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I agree on the SnM beacons, I've yet to buy one to demo but they do look nice in Louis's vids. And I agree on the dual high mount beacons as the best bang for the buck, but with that said, when the snow removal vehicle is used by a smaller company doing residential's u need "bombproof" lighting up top. You can barely keep ventvisors and mirrors on never mind top mounted lights. The snow lowers all the branches.
For this particular install, the factory switches were set at front,rear, the work lights on four. Unfortunately the Rec6 lights are slim pickings right now and delayed in shipping from Lifetime. I have a few short clips but can't easily post them from my cell. The T3's are synched, the F6 are not, the 700's on actionflash.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.