'08 Ram. What would you put on it?

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
[Broken External Image]:http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv274/tcfd823/IMG-20110610-00288.jpg

Here's what I have currently...

R/C dual talon on the dash

R/A TIR3 pimppods on rear LP brkt

\/\/ 295hf100 w/ an atlas speaker

Here's what I have to go on it...

Custom Vector created by Firemedic105 (will be down this fall to assist me with the install.)

R/C vector w/ Red solaris LEDs in clear sections, along with Tomar high intensity alley lights (going to do a hotfoot mount)

BUT, what I want to know is.. What would YOU put on this truck?

Go crazy!

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
HLF

LAWs in taillights and backup lights

Whelen M7 in each section of grille, all red (4 total)

SOS Intersectors on mirrors

Whelen M4 on mirrors

10-75 LP bracket on front with TIR3

Avenger in R/R above RVM

SOS Ultralite 12 in back window, all amber

Ditch the Whelen siren and get dual Unitrol Omega 90s with 400 watts. :D

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
52 Aerodynic with only one center rotator and all the rest mirrors. Center rotator will be two sealed beam incandescents.

HAW incandescents (not halogens, not strobes or LEDs)

Incandescent grill flashers.

Incandescent dash light.

...anything else incandescent you can find.

mr. awesome

Dec 27, 2010
Queens, NY
grfd711 said:
52 Aerodynic with only one center rotator and all the rest mirrors. Center rotator will be two sealed beam incandescents.

tell me that wouldnt look frickin insane a hundred yards out.

is there any way we could get a bigger chrome grille on it? perhaps with other, smaller chrome grilles in orbit around it?

SoloRTP

May 22, 2011
NV, USA
Code 3 MX7000 or Excalibur, all-lights, with intersection lights, alley lights, Oscilaser (or whatever it's called these days -- I still think of it as a "Stinger"), ArrowStik, and mixed fast/slow rotators.

Concur on the dual Unitrol Omega 90s.

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
mr. awesome said:
tell me that wouldnt look frickin insane a hundred yards out.

is there any way we could get a bigger chrome grille on it? perhaps with other, smaller chrome grilles in orbit around it?

Funny you should bring up a chrome grille, and all that stuff. I am actually thing about getting a chrome brushguard, simillar to what you had, Ken; only with wraparounds so I can utilize my federal model 67 w/ propello ray

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
I would put:

HLF

Front and rear corner strobes

Whelen Freedom (With slow flash pattern)

700's grill lights or M7's which ever (not a split pattern)

Whelen Cencom

a pair of linz6's on the bumper or top of tailgate in amber

and thats about it. That would be a sick setup if done right

best of luck to you

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I totally missed the empty fog housings! More incandescents, Tony, more incandescents! We like it! We love it! Make it flash, Tony D, make it flash! Hooah!

Actually, I'm thinking of tossing the incandescents. Yup, for something this new, we REALLY need the ORIGINAL look of portable lighting. Since you're going to get the brush guard, you can do the most ultimate look of all:

LANTERN!!!!!!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I say go michigan highway patrol on it and just put one giant beacon on top with the sealed beams lol

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Station 3 said:
I say go michigan highway patrol on it and just put one giant beacon on top with the sealed beams lol

That and a pair of PAR36 halogen flashers in the grille would be just great. :D

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
tcfd823 said:
AHAHAHAHA!!! Then you have just volunteered yourself for assisting with the install!

If you go slicktop, the install would be sooooo much easier. On a more serious note, you could slap some 6LED pimp pods behind the grille (solid red, no split color or pattern for better effect from a distance), do a 10-75 intersection bracket on the front license plate with a 3, 4 or 6LED pimp pod on the side, a HLF on a simple 1.9 fps wig-wag pattern and rock what you've already got on the truck. With gas mileage nowadays and the wind noise from a vector on a truck (drove a 2000 Dodge Ram with one on top for the USAF), it'll be a PITA.

...and for all of that I suggested minus the HLF, I know who you could get it from locally. :p

As far as helping with the install, I could come down perhaps one day to meet up with firemedic and help a bit. That's a ways off, so depends on if I have anything going on, which is too difficult to plan for now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.