1 vs 2 channel pager

dmitry103

Jun 11, 2010
Bucks County, PA
Hi all,

Here's a question, my county dispatches at 155.5500 frequency for FIRE/EMS pagers. I'd like to have both of the EMS departments I'm affiliated with to be programmed to alert for 2 sets of tones respectively, one for each squad. My understanding is that there's no necessity for 2 channel pager and that 1 channel should do the job.

Am I right?

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
dmitry103 said:
Hi all,

Here's a question, my county dispatches at 155.5500 frequency for FIRE/EMS pagers. I'd like to have both of the EMS departments I'm affiliated with to be programmed to alert for 2 sets of tones respectively, one for each squad. My understanding is that there's no necessity for 2 channel pager and that 1 channel should do the job.

Am I right?
You are understanding correctly. You can have many tones in one pager. Whats usually done is dispatch is on one, and the ops on the other channel. If you can live with just hearing dispatch, you are set. Also, 1ch pagers can be turned into 2ch if you find the need later down the road.

dmitry103

Jun 11, 2010
Bucks County, PA
theroofable said:
You are understanding correctly. You can have many tones in one pager. Whats usually done is dispatch is on one, and the ops on the other channel. If you can live with just hearing dispatch, you are set. Also, 1ch pagers can be turned into 2ch if you find the need later down the road.

Thanks for the reply, sir. All clear now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.