100+ BEACONS --- Picture of the wall - Page 3

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
:shock: I suppose you like beacons right? :lol: Me to, I have always loved halogens more than strobes and leds.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I too have a whelen freeze alarm new in the box. I didn't think anyone else had one... nice.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
LOL is that a standard household light bulb? wow...

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Yes, a freeze alarm is used inside of buildings. It was designed to alert neighbors when a pre-determined temperature was reached. You would set it up, perhaps if you were going out of town, and when the light came on the neighbor would know to take action against a freeze.

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_collection_freezalarm_FA5.jpg

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
That I do not know.

John Marcson should know.

I tried with the link you have in your post but it did not work in my post either so instead I got a working link from your Photobucket site.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's a really nice condition Whelen 88! Most of the ones I've seen on eBay are well worn, grungy and the dome is either broken or extremely hazy.

nypd-hire

May 25, 2010
Leicestershire, UK
ERIC6913 said:
i am going to buy my next house based on the garage wall space :D
I'm trying to persuade the girlfriend of exactly that... we have only been doing viewings of houses with large garages or ones with a large garden that I can build my workshop / storage facility in!

P.S. Dan, you've got a cracking collection.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
No optics, just a 50 cp bulb and a flasher... what were they thinking?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
MESDA6 said:
Very cool find ! There was a similar light in the old JC Whitney catalogs (and I mean OLD). Not sure if it was this one or not.
1960s vintage catalog? Possibly, but I don't remember Whelen being in Whitney's catalog. I remember them i the old SASO, Sargent Sowell catalogs in the 60s.

Dan

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Some obscure spots on Ebay, and some popular Ebay spots. I found a bunch at a fire/police supply store that went out of business many years ago. Other contacts, and of course here on ELB. Some times you just have to know what you're looking at. Things aren't always what the seller thinks they are.

Dan

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
When the beacons are switched on, the lights and power in all New Hampshire are suddenly dim

Talking of mushrooms...does anyone remember an episode of TJ Hooker where Heather Locklear :) was driving an undercover Porsche ( I think) and took off after some car thieves and slapped a mushroom looking beacon on its roof in hot pursuit.....adolescent memories are hard to shake

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
Abacus said:
When the beacons are switched on, the lights and power in all New Hampshire are suddenly dim

Talking of mushrooms...does anyone remember an episode of TJ Hooker where Heather Locklear :) was driving an undercover Porsche ( I think) and took off after some car thieves and slapped a mushroom looking beacon on its roof in hot pursuit.....adolescent memories are hard to shake

That was probably the Pancake Light. Such as a S-W , SVP

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
dmathieu said:
Here's a picture of the wall.

I told you that you had no room about 6 months ago !! Those items on the lowest left and center shelf look out of place and a bit cluttered. happy to help out as we discussed :)

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I bet you would!

1- OLd style 17, Split red/amber, rechromed base

2- Very vintage 6 volt New In Box Federal Enterprises 17 with NOS split red/blue

3- Mint 175 with clear glass dome

4- Mint 173 Fast Flash with split red/blue

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
well chosen and displayed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.