1950s Howe Defender

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Found this old truck sitting in a field near a sawmill and snapped a quick pic. In process of contacting owner currently, rumor is it's destination is the scrap yard.

IMG-20111022-00376.jpg

IMG-20111022-00375.jpg

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Hoser said:
Wow that would be a cool save, especially if you could get it for scrap price. You could sell the lightbar and go with period correct and have a great restoration there.

I would love to save this truck, but I can't afford it. The owner says he wants 1200.00 for it, which is supposedly scrap price. It seems to be pretty solid all around, few cancer spots here and there, and it does not run ( unsure if the motor is locked or what ). I'm going to purchase the lights and what stuff I can from it before it makes it to the torch if worse comes to worse.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'd be interested in the federal solar or propello rays on the fenders......

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
JohnMarcson said:
I'd be interested in the federal solar or propello rays on the fenders......

I can probably arrange that if I'm able to obtain the equipment from the truck. I also need some help here from anyone who's educated in vintage equipment, what would be a good price in my favor for the lightbar, siren, propello rays and horn? Appreciate any input.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.