1970's vintage MARS SKYBOLT LITEBAR in mint condition VALUE??

EL WOOD

Sep 29, 2019
oh, usa
could some one please give me a ball park value on a mars skybolt lite bar blue beacon lens rotates as new, do not have a pic to post sorry but a ball park figure in US dollars would be great AGAIN THANKS TO ALL

Last edited:

EL WOOD

Sep 29, 2019
oh, usa
mars bar ,2 mars skybolt beacons, w 3/lamp rotation bases,2 blue lens ,red mars end caps on the bar,works as new, THANKS

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Vintage value is all about who wants it. Full disclaimer I am not a Mars expert, nor do I find them particularly desirable. So to someone like me... the most I would pay is probably $250... and to really get that out of me I would have to really WANT it..

Now the Mars folks are going to chime in and want to bite my head off.. but you asked for a value and I gave you one.

I have seen these go for much more then $250 on ebay... you may wish to try your luck there.

Rob

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
What Rob said, exactly.

There are some people who would probably pay more than 1000 dollars for that lightbar, and there are some who wouldn't even pay the 250 that he mentioned. The simple fact is people see that Mars insignia on the lights and they see dollar signs. Same thing with the CTS and with anything that is vintage and popular.

If you get a couple of MarsNuts fighting over it, it can go for a pretty penny. To the right person, that thing could go for big bucks. They are rare and if someone wants to add one to their collection, they'll pay up for it.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
If that is yours and you are selling it, I personally would not accept less than $400 for it. You could easily get that for the individual pieces alone

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
I agree with my fellow collectors and you have the building blocks for a full Chicago PD Mars bar if that's your intent (although they used the wider 5.5" bar). You're lacking the can lights, Clarion speaker, beat tag holder and proper markings which collectively would be an additional $800 to $1,000 based on what I've recently seen advertised (the speaker is EXTREMELY rare with the correct mount).

Here's my estimate of what you have although as has been mentioned previously, lust and greed set the price :

Skybolts: $200 to $300 each
Bar: $200

As a Mars collector, I would offer $500 for what you're displaying. However, given this bar's rarity and the total irrationality (one man's opinion) of the vintage lighting market, I suspect you could probably easily double this.

Good luck!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.