1975 NYPD Signal Stat Restoration

JEDCATL

May 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Dear Group;

I am in need of any advice or direction on the Signal Stat lightbar used by the NYPD from 1973 through about 1978.

I am restoring a 1975 Fury NYPD car and am buiilding the light bar from scratch.

I have 2 Signal Stat 374 4 bulb lights but need the correct clear domes.

I have 2 PAR 46 "Can" lights but I wonder if these are correct? I am not sure when they went from the PAR 46 Can Lights to the PAR 36 lights?

I have a small Sireno Siren Speaker which looks correct but it is chrome and I will probably paint it white as that apparently was the way it came.

Thank you.

Joe

Atlanta

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Hi Joe,

The Par 46 can lights were actually Trio T2 lights rebranded by Sig-Stat as their #672.

I believe they were used untill '75-'76, when the were downgraded to the Par 36 lights.

I am bulding this same bar also, and have been searching for the #375 clear domes for over 6 months without even finding one.

Good luck,

Bob V.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.