--1980 Seagrave Fire Truck

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
Classic rig that I had the opportunity to see in person many times.

This actually a 1980 Seagrave PB that was originally purchased by the Greater Springfield VFD (Co 22) in Fairfax County, VA. The Strasburg VFD in Shenendoah County, VA purchased it from Springfield for $35,000 in 1985. After a $4000 refurb which included red paint in place of the white paint it originally carried, as well as upgrading the water tank from 500 to 750 gallons, it was placed in service in 1996. It has a 1250gpm pump and 750 gallons of water (US standards). It was purchased the collector in France from the Strasburg members.

Thanks for the photos!

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
Travelin Man said:
Classic rig that I had the opportunity to see in person many times.

This actually a 1980 Seagrave PB that was originally purchased by the Greater Springfield VFD (Co 22) in Fairfax County, VA. The Strasburg VFD in Shenendoah County, VA purchased it from Springfield for $35,000 in 1985. After a $4000 refurb which included red paint in place of the white paint it originally carried, as well as upgrading the water tank from 500 to 750 gallons, it was placed in service in 1996. It has a 1250gpm pump and 750 gallons of water (US standards). It was purchased the collector in France from the Strasburg members.

Thanks for the photos!

Wow! ... I did not think to get as much information about this truck.

Thank you very much :)

There were also display a police car, I post the pic if I find.

/Cyril

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.