1980's CHP lights and FS CC1!

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
All authentic CHP, deck lights out of an LTD/90-91 Crown Victoria, spotlights are original too. I tried to setup a wig wag with it but the headlights weren't wanting to work, and the flasher is not the same CHP used.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Very Nice! I have always loved anything CHP! The 1990-91 Ford Crown Vic is one of my favorite looking CHP cars!

chp909c.jpg

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Skip Goulet said:
Very nice setup, Sam. Does anyone know when CHP ceased using just the single red spot for their sole warning light up front and went to lightbars?
Skip,
That would be 1972, that's when they started testing out the Twinsonic CTS bars in Red/Red. They also used a shop built lightbar with the Dietz lights mounted at each end and a speaker in the center.

Pictured are two 1972 Dodge Polora's with each style of lightbar.

CACHP1972DodgePolara-vi.jpg

CHPPolara-vi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Thanks guys! CHP tested light bars in the 70s, little more common in the late 80s, then in the mid 90s some head guy(might have been commissioner) wanted more cars to have light bars. Some slick tops still use the red spotlight.

Up until 08 I think all slick tops had red spotlights

Daniel

May 21, 2010
Leiden, the Netherlands
Lovely! and great to see vintage lights accuratly wired..

I saw a video of a restored Crown vic recently, which made me cringe. Lovely looking car, with wrong HLF and rear flashing patterns. sigh..

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
Great thread . The deck lights are one of the things that I would like to put in my collection, as they still used the sealed beams when I lived in Modesto.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Something I'd like to find: and Jen, I wouldn't be surprised if you had one, is one of the CHP small Mustangs. I've seen a couple on Ebay, but they were going for a lot of $$$, but haven't seen one in a very long time.

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Thanks again!

I love the mustangs! My dad and I have a small collection. I stuck lights in the 89 EVOC mustang my dad has. Just gotta wire it all up! The simplicity is awesome.

ai1104.photobucket.com_albums_h340_Mustang_Kid84_89_20EVOC_IMG_1509.jpg

ai1104.photobucket.com_albums_h340_Mustang_Kid84_89_20EVOC_IMG_1506.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Reno911 said:
Thanks again!

I love the mustangs! My dad and I have a small collection. I stuck lights in the 89 EVOC mustang my dad has. Just gotta wire it all up! The simplicity is awesome.

ai1104.photobucket.com_albums_h340_Mustang_Kid84_89_20EVOC_IMG_1509.jpg

ai1104.photobucket.com_albums_h340_Mustang_Kid84_89_20EVOC_IMG_1506.jpg

Nice! Now be a good boy, Sam, and wrap it up and send it to Texas! :yes:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Skip Goulet said:
Something I'd like to find: and Jen, I wouldn't be surprised if you had one, is one of the CHP small Mustangs. I've seen a couple on Ebay, but they were going for a lot of $$$, but haven't seen one in a very long time.
Sorry Skip, but those pocket rockets don't do it for me, too small! I prefer the bigger 440 powered land yachts such as these! What can I say I am a girl, SIZE MATTERS! ;) :p lol! Give me a CHP Dodge Polora or Monaco anyday!monaco.jpg

2931197152_9a2f022a6b.jpg

2931565191_a7bf4e0006_o.jpg

CHP-1969Polara.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Ohhhhhh,that Monaco up there says:

-Come on, Buddy! Let's go for a quick ride, huh? What do you says? You know you're dying to. :D

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
JennyCop said:
Sorry Skip, but those pocket rockets don't do it for me, too small! I prefer the bigger 440 powered land yachts such as these! What can I say I am a girl, SIZE MATTERS! ;) :p lol! Give me a CHP Dodge Polora or Monaco anyday!

Jennys my kinda girl! ;-)~

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
ERIC6913 said:
Jennys my kinda girl! ;-)~
Awwww, Thank you Eric!
But I think what you really meant to say was " Jennys my kinda girl! ;-)~ In fact, I hereby add her to my Will to inherit my extensive Federal Signal Collection."

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JennyCop said:
Sorry Skip, but those pocket rockets don't do it for me, too small! I prefer the bigger 440 powered land yachts such as these! What can I say I am a girl, SIZE MATTERS! ;) :p lol! Give me a CHP Dodge Polora or Monaco anyday!

I won't argue that point, either, Jen. I wouldn't part with my old '97 CVPI for anything...even though it hasn't run in a couple of years. But if you like power, gal, you would've loved the '71 Olds ambulance I had. It had the 455 engine and would scoot. Made an emergency transfer run in it from Lubbock to Snyder in '78 due to a school bus wreck near Snyder. Made the 100 mi. trip in 45 minutes. Never went over 80 on the speedometer but was clocked by DPS at 120! What?, I thought. Turns out there was a speedometer problem which was swiftly corrected. :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.