2000 F250 Hideaways

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Very nice. Me being from New York I will say that is very NYSP of you, lol.

CRASH303

Jul 2, 2013
EAST TEXAS AREA
Looks great. Where did you run the wires at from the rear to the switch panel? I have a 2000 F250 and had to drill out a hole at the lower rear cab for my strobe cables.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
lafd55 said:
Very nice. Me being from New York I will say that is very NYSP of you, lol.

Close, but don't the NYSP flash Brake/Brake, Reverse/Reverse, not the X-pattern?

I much prefer the X-pattern, its full of win!!

fordtruck661

Jul 31, 2011
CT
CRASH303 said:
Looks great. Where did you run the wires at from the rear to the switch panel? I have a 2000 F250 and had to drill out a hole at the lower rear cab for my strobe cables.

I ran the wire down the kick panel along the door and then just went through the vent and along the frame.

fordtruck661

Jul 31, 2011
CT
Eric1249 said:
Wouldn't the plow block the amber to the front?

It does a little but not by much. I also have them on the sides (since the lights are divided into two different sections) which throws the light off to the sides of the truck.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
CRASH303 said:
My f350, 450, 550 all have a pre drilled hole below the vent with grommet on both sides from factory. All superduties have it

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
The rear sync looks great! The front amber for plowing is good...for FD not so good (not that you had many options.) ETD has a horrible reputation on here...keep us posted if you have any failures.

fordtruck661

Jul 31, 2011
CT
Flashguy said:
The rear sync looks great! The front amber for plowing is good...for FD not so good (not that you had many options.) ETD has a horrible reputation on here...keep us posted if you have any failures.

Thanks ......I don't use the light for responding right now more for if I roll up on a call But once I add blue lights I do plan on using the hideaways as well.......As for them failing I have only had one problem when I first went to install the lights one was bad. Called them up sent it in and a new one within the week.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Like that whole idea looks sweet might do that to my rig 01 f250 someday

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.