2000 Ford Excursion POV

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
I sold my tacoma that I had and upgraded to an excursion. I started to install my new lighting package.

Front:

Whelen 700 on grille, 1 red and 1 white

Whelen 700 on front quarters, red

HLF from Feniex 4200

Feniex typhoon speaker

Sides:

Will be mounted between steps and rocker, 4 Feniex T6. 3 red and 1 white

Rear:

Whelen 700 on barn doors, red

Whelen 700 rear quarters, red

Micro man industries split directional upper rear window

Under rear doors when open, 4 Feniex T6. 2 red, 2 amber

Top:

Feniex avatar 57

Front lights will be controlled by ulf44

Rear lights controlled by ulf44

Rocker lights controlled by sho-me flasher

Inside:

Feniex 4200 w/ Bluetooth, controlled by tablet

Feniex storm siren

2-Icom ID880 Dstar radios

Power inverter

uploadfromtaptalk1435212436164.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435212447833.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435212462974.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435212478652.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Damn already loving this. The Tacoma was really nice but I've got a good feeling about this.

Very much like the use of colored lenses to blend in with the vehicle. Paint those body mounts red and it'll look awesome!

Reactions: tsquale
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I'm not really a fan of body mounted lights, but it all looks solid and clean...  That gap under the headlights is BEGGING for some Feniex Titans...  lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Looks good. I would try to go with 2RED grill lights as opposed to the one RED one WHITE

Reactions: Doug

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I sold my tacoma that I had and upgraded to an excursion. I started to install my new lighting package.

Front:

Whelen 700 on grille, 1 red and 1 white

Whelen 700 on front quarters, red

HLF from Feniex 4200

Feniex typhoon speaker

Sides:

Will be mounted between steps and rocker, 4 Feniex T6. 3 red and 1 white

Rear:

Whelen 700 on barn doors, red

Whelen 700 rear quarters, red

Micro man industries split directional upper rear window

Under rear doors when open, 4 Feniex T6. 2 red, 2 amber

Top:

Feniex avatar 57

Front lights will be controlled by ulf44

Rear lights controlled by ulf44

Rocker lights controlled by sho-me flasher
Sounds good. Are those 400s on the front fender? They don't look like 700s. I love the large lightheads for perimeter warning, and the only thing I don't like is that you went with a low profile lightbar (I would've loved to see a freedom up there).

Are there 4 T6 per side on the running boards (3R, 1C), or is it 4 total for both sides? I think that more than 2 lights per running board will honestly look tacky (and unnecessary waste of money). I would honestly like to see some HAW strobes to the rear. I'm not usually a fan of clear to the rear, but I drove an excursion for the FD that had 2 HAWs in reverse lights alternating with 2 HAWs in brake lights, and I loved them. Looking forward to a vid!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I love body mounted lightheads in 400 and 700 varieties!

Only thing I would change......

Make it a Suburban! :cool: :D

Seriously, I like it. Well done

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
I love Excursions, they are my favorite SUV. I had the opportunity to outfit 2 of them recently for a regional swat team and enjoyed doing so. I really like how neat the install is coming out looks great.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I like it! The only thing I would change is to swap the white 700 in the grill for a red one. 

Can't wait to see a video of the finished product. 

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
No white to front? Does this fall into what I have heard that white fwd facing lights are not to flash when parked? Or is it more personal preference
I agree with him I'd make it 2 reds in the grille. My ocd goes up a wall when there's 2 colors like that unless it's a RB setup Maybe a pair of ions or something above as a "HLF"

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
First off, I like it!  The 700's with chrome trim look great! The body mounted lights is a nice retro look for this awesome truck.

I say add the HAW's to the rear but mount them inside the reverse lights and that empty space in the tailight housing atop the Brake/running lights area. It really bothers me that no one uses this part of the tailight that has lots of potential on these trucks.  I also agree you should have went with a higher profile lightbar.

Please post a video and some pics of the entire truck when done.

ford truck 2.jpg

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
First off, I like it! The 700's with chrome trim look great! The body mounted lights is a nice retro look for this awesome truck.

I say add the HAW's to the rear but mount them inside the reverse lights and that empty space in the tailight housing atop the Brake/running lights area. It really bothers me that no one uses this part of the tailight that has lots of potential on these trucks. I also agree you should have went with a higher profile lightbar.

Please post a video and some pics of the entire truck when done.
Was thinking about at least the upper red void. Perfect mounting spot for a law.

Reactions: JennyCop

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
No white to front? Does this fall into what I have heard that white fwd facing lights are not to flash when parked? Or is it more personal preference
I like flashing white to the front but it would be flashing TDs in the lightbar and a HLF. The only time I like white grill lights is if there is two white and a warning color in an x-pattern. 

Reactions: Kd8bao

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.