2000 HMMWV Washington County Sheriff's Office

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
We have several of these vehicles and this is the first one we have marked. We only use them for disasters or blizzards.

whelen M6 side and rear

whelen m7 front

whelen slimline pioneers above windshield

whelen 295HFSA6

whelen F54PC light

Federal signal TS-100 speaker

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03441.jpg

DSC03444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
big footprints of large synced lightheads? Im not used to seeing this....Is there a reason you didnt think 35 TIR3s or IONs wouldve looked better? Or if youre gonna use a lighthead like that, is there a reason you didnt pick a cool pin-wheel pattern, or something split at least?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
all kidding aside....

this install is PERFECT! you dont need a full lightbar and 1,000 other lights to make a vehicle's warning lights effective. You need the PROPER LIGHTS that are the right size, you need the PROPER FLASH PATTERNS, and the correct use of SYNC. This is perfect from the rear. Clear, easy to understand and unmistakable. Its not blinding or seizure inducing. The sides profile the vehicle perfectly and the front is wide and wont be washed out by the headlights. i bet this vehicle's lighting is more effective then most of their fully marked patrol cars.

if it were mine, I would hook the SlimLine Pioneers to a P-flash flasher so you can flash them if needed during day-time responses.

great job!! one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I love it, except for the limited use that it gets :-(

Something on the front above the window would be nice

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
pdk9 said:

I was wondering if M7s would fit surface mounted up there at the top windshield area. That would be the only addition.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I think it's great you guys took the time to paint it up in the county colors if you will. I think it is a little tacky to leave it woodland and slap lights on them. This is one nice looking truck... now only if the military would let me put M7s and M6s on ours....

Oh and did you use 24v versions or 12v and how did you wire it to power? 24 to 12v Converter?

Last edited by a moderator:

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Storm4200 said:
I was wondering if M7s would fit surface mounted up there at the top windshield area. That would be the only addition.

It would be hard to make them work in that area because of the wiper arm runs thru the top of the window. I'm not saying it can not be done.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Hoff said:
I think it's great you guys took the time to paint it up in the county colors if you will. I think it is a little tacky to leave it woodland and slap lights on them. This is one nice looking truck... now only if the military would let me put M7s and M6s on ours....

Oh and did you use 24v versions or 12v and how did you wire it to power? 24 to 12v Converter?

12V equipment and a 24 to 12 converter.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
pdk9 said:

NFD-102 said:
A slimlighter would be perfect on a slow wigwag single flash pattern

I would think if they were to add something up high a light stick (sync'd of course :yes: ) between the spotlights would be the easiest to do. As stated before mounting to the front of the windshield or on the inside is kinda a pain because of the wipers and the wires that run in the frame. Not impossible, but more difficult that mounting it to the top. Heck you could even do the same with a light stick or Ions mounted to the hood on top up near the windows for some mid level.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.