Whelen HLF 2051a

Tomar 200s High Power Red/White in dash and headliner

Code 3 LED LSS222 Beacon

Rear

Tomar 200s Red/Red in rear window

2 Rect14's Red/White on LP bracket

Siren - PA300

Speaker - Whelen Sa315p

Plans to add Tomar Rect14's in Grill and second 200s in rear window.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
I don't care for the beacon, why bother with all that interior stuff and grill lights if you're just going to slap a beacon up there? To each his own but not what I would have done.

On the positive side, them effing tomars are effing bright!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
emt322636 said:
I don't care for the beacon, why bother with all that interior stuff and grill lights if you're just going to slap a beacon up there? To each his own but not what I would have done

Possibly to comply with a 360 rule...?

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
TritonBoulder47 said:
Possibly to comply with a 360 rule...?

That's the only thing I can think of.

Nothing wrong with it of course, just id probably have done some sort of side lighting or less interior lights and a mini bar.

We have the 360 law as well, but no one really enforces it, and it doesn't apply to blue/green (courtesy) lights, just red/white/siren users.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
The beacon is for 360. He wanted to go all LED including the beacon. I sold him the lights the costumer did a self install.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Rusted413 said:
Always been a tomar fan, man those lights on the LP bracket are bright! Nice looking install
I keep on getting the same feedback about the Tomar Rect14's on the LP bracket. I always tell people rather put surface mount then haw if you dont care about the stealth UC look.

SCRob

Feb 2, 2011
SC
Love the install, not a real fan of the white LEDs to the rear. I guess just because those things are so bright, they look blinding! Keep up the good work ;)

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
SCRob said:
Love the install, not a real fan of the white LEDs to the rear. I guess just because those things are so bright, they look blinding! Keep up the good work ;)
White to the rear is a NY thing. A lot of agencies use white even though the NFPA doesnt like it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.