2001 Lincoln LS POV

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
just following up from this thread: http://www.freeyabb.com/elightbars/view ... elightbars

Microman G3 dual 12" bars (2 red and 1 white section each) facing forward

Microman G3 dual 8" bars (2 red sections each) facing rearward (not installed yet)

Sho-Me LED Flasher

Soundoff HLF

Tomar RECT14's (not installed yet, will be going in grill somewhere)

Whelen Vertex (red and white) in brake and backup lights

Whelen PCC8R remote switch box

Whelen Alpha 12R siren

Still shopping for a compact speaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h18eFmj8xL8

Maranos

May 21, 2010
Pacific Northwest, USA
Only thing that makes me nervous at this point, and I understand it's not finished yet, is intersection visibility.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Interesting and unique install and choice of equipment! I love the pattern of the HLF. :cool:

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
pdx911 said:
Only thing that makes me nervous at this point, and I understand it's not finished yet, is intersection visibility.

Thankfully at almost every intersection I already have the right of way... Side warning will happen, but it will take alot of thought to keep it hidden.

Luismariadarlene said:
looks good

Thank you

Pimp said:
Interesting and unique install and choice of equipment! I love the pattern of the HLF. :cool:

Yeah, the HLF pattern was the best option out of the many. I have a faster option on the Jeep and I don't think it's that effective. I will be replacing that HLF sometime this summer/fall when the Jeep goes back in service

GranPrix said:
Perfect! At 1:20-23 I now have a mounting solution!

Nice set up.

Thank you. I looked high and low for some kind of universal mounting "board" and couldn't come up with anything. I had some extra 3/4" plywood and some scrap aluminum angle, so I made the plate. It's hinged on 2 $0.99 hinges I purchased at lowes and to keep it secured when stowed, one long stainless steel sheet metal screw into the bottom of the package tray. To service the board, a couple of turns on that screw and it's free.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
litning said:
Thank you. I looked high and low for some kind of universal mounting "board" and couldn't come up with anything. I had some extra 3/4" plywood and some scrap aluminum angle, so I made the plate. It's hinged on 2 $0.99 hinges I purchased at lowes and to keep it secured when stowed, one long stainless steel sheet metal screw into the bottom of the package tray. To service the board, a couple of turns on that screw and it's free.

By any chance you have any close up pics of it?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Not bad at all, very conservative. Three main comments:

- A little bit of side warning would be helpful

- The windshield tint isn't very friendly to the red lights. I assume that's the typical strip of blue tint along the top.

- I totally agree that a slow HLF pattern is best. I like.

Don't see very many Lincolns with lights.

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
yeah, the strip at the top is OEM. Nothing I can do about that. I know that having the lights up there will not be as effective as having them behind clear glass, but my goal (and so far I have been very successful) is to keep it stealth and not draw attention to the fact there's lights in the car. I know it won't be a traffic mover, but at least it will identify me at a call or on the way to a call.

Right now the Lincoln is out of commission anyways due to it needing new spark plugs... Yes, it's a pain in the ass to do. It's a 5 hour job that requires the draining of the coolant system, removal of the intake manifold and removal of the EGR tube... all to change plugs... not happy at all!

Side warning will be coming as will more rear warning and front... I have acquired a whelen speaker for the siren and Tomar RECT14's for the grill that still need to be installed.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Yup needs something to the side but i do think it looks very good

shnerby

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
how did you wire the hlf so that you dont get errors on the dash

and whicH wires do what?

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
Sorry, just saw the question.

I purchased an aftermarket headlight harness from suvlights and wired in the HLF into that so that it doesn't affect the OEM wiring. No errors that way

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.