2003 Chevrolet Tahoe & 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL

Not an emergency lighting install... but it turned out great. Underbody LED and underhood and grill lights. This car was MEAN... and talk about a nervous installation... Knowing the guy takes it to shows and cruises, I was SO careful not to scratch, dent, scuff, snag, etc.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Though not an emergency vehicle or POV install still flashing lights which is always good. The Tahoe looks good, although kind of does look like it's supposed to be a POV. The Challenger looks pretty cool, although not a fan of all the different colors. I just actually ordered a kit for my buddies Yamaha, we're going to be putting LED strip lighting throughout.

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
I'd like the Challenger better with single color underbody lights. Never really a fan of those million colors ones. Love the red in the engine compartment.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
The underbody kit was on "demo" mode... The owner is going to have it on red with the white chase most of the time.

The Tahoe was in its first parade on Saturday and got good reviews. With the vehicle wrap its pretty hard to ignore.

Both were fun projects, and it was a rare treat to work on something *NOT* a police interceptor ;)

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Irsh42 said:
White (maybe blue) and yellow to the front, blue to the side and, red and yellow to the rear? Thats very confusing.

Hard to see in the dark but the vehicle is wrapped in electric blue colors for a Realtor group. For parade use only, obviously. The amber white to the front and amber red to the rear are factory colors. The blue is to match the Coldwell-Banker blue wrap.

dwk270

Aug 29, 2012
Oregon
SirenWorld.com said:
The underbody kit was on "demo" mode...

Still don't think that emergency vehicles need to look like a car from the Fast & the Furious. No matter what color it is. It serves no purpose.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
dwk270 said:
Still don't think that emergency vehicles need to look like a car from the Fast & the Furious. No matter what color it is. It serves no purpose.

I guess you missed the part where it's NOT an emergency vehicle. It's a show car. :duh:

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
dwk270 said:

Still don't understand how people don't read the thread. :hopeless:

Beautiful install. I love the Challenger, but I'm biased.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Is that an Iceled underbody kit?

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
devinwwu said:
Never heard of the sidestryker, where can one find those. The output looks great!

We were pretty impressed with the output as well. They have several sizes and options available. Also they offer flexible strips that can be used as secondary warning.

SLIC Lighting

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.