2003 chevy suburban

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
We have a 03 suburban as a chiefs vehicle that we bought used from another station originally it had a MX7000 headlight flasher 4 hideaway strobes and a LEDX arrow stick. I added 4 shome lights the little gen 1 ones that were removed from an old chiefs car we had 4 500 series TIR6 2 in the grille and 1 one each fender than I removed the MX as it was causing the load manager to shut off lights and added a AWL dash light in the windshield we are still waiting on the venom bar as it was on back order and added 2 X dual head light sticks from Tom in the back window.

image-3618260749.jpg

image-892962311.jpg

image-1574016366.jpg

image-1040048669.jpg

More picture to come once I get them and I'll have a video for y'all once the venom bar is installed.

image-3947749463.jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Ouch. Everyone OK?

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I was the only one in the truck and I'm ok just very the lady in the jeep had to be cut out the deputy doing the investigation said she was doing 80 mph when she hit me. She hit me so hard it broke the seat I was in but I still got out and rendered care until units arrived cause that's how we roll at the big FOUR OH son lol

May 21, 2010
Northeast Pa
Glade your ok. Sucks that you were trying to make this a good install but then the projects ends quickly as you started it. Bummer. Hope you guys can get a replacement unit soon.

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
Ouch! I actually liked the grille/side lighting on this one (I'm not a fan of exterior intersection on smaller trucks. Glad you're alright and hope the lady is okay. Were you stopped on a call or something?

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Started the next install yesterday our I think 05 trailblazer added the RX-42 bars to the grille and mounted 4 t-3s, 2 in each side in between the step rail and the body but I was unable to finish wiring the side lights as the chief had to have his buggy back at 1930 and we had ran a few calls and had a funeral we went to to show our respect. So here's what I have so far

image-750561709.jpg

image-897656471.jpg

image-2386431848.jpg

image-729597796.jpg

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Glad the new chief's truck is already in service and getting outfitted. Are those dual color TIR3s in the grill? Can't tell without seeing a video, but I wonder if that isn't going to be to much going on in the grill with the two dual heads and the TIR3s.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
It's not the new one its our fire chiefs buggy the suburban was the A chiefs buggy, and no they aren't dual color they are Whelen TIR3 in white and I have the set on a slow pattern and the light sticks on a fast pattern stand by for a video

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
mdlighting said:
It's not the new one its our fire chiefs buggy the suburban was the A chiefs buggy, and no they aren't dual color they are Whelen TIR3 in white and I have the set on a slow pattern and the light sticks on a fast pattern stand by for a video

Sorry looked real quick and it looked like in one picture the TIR3s were red then white my mistake. So no new chief's truck for the main chief yet?

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Nope this one has just over 100,000 miles so still good for a few more years. The suburban had just hit 110,000 right before the accident. We are waiting for insurance to figure out what they are going to do there was talk of a new frame and cutting the body apart and rebuilding it. I don't know about y'all but I don't know how I feel about driving around in a hacked together puzzle of a vehicle.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Like the trailblazer!

Doesn't sound safe at all, hope you guys can just get the money and buy a used NBS tahoe from GSA or something.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Doesn't sound safe at all. I knew a guy who plowed with a fullsize suburban 2500 and backed into a lightpole at about 25. Shortened the frame on one side by about 6 inches. Didn't break any windows or anything. But messed the truck up pretty bad. Insurance said they were going to fix it and put a new frame under it and cut the back half off the old one and welded a new back half on. Looked like brand new suburban. Hopefully they just total it.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Yeah I just got word it's totaled $36,000 just for the truck that doesn't include the command box, console, lights, and siren speakers. Oh we'll time to plan for some more work. I'm starting to wish I could charge them for this work but sense their my people I do it for free plus it makes me look good to the chief lol

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Most of the lights are ok the command box on the other hand is a loss the top part it's smashed and all the drawer latches are broken but it really wasn't that great in the first place just 4 huge sliding drawers.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Glad the insurance settled and your getting the money so you can get a new truck. Really glad most of the lights are OK because that's more money you can use on a newer truck. Is the insurance going to give any sort of money for the equipment totaled such as the command box?

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I'm not sure the chief is handling all of the nitty gritty stuff he only tells me buys and pieces. On a different note I was very bored at work yesterday

image-3369263450.jpg

image-2118615768.jpg

image-4186045962.jpg

The truck would be red and the scallop and stripe would be white and all lettering would be gold leaf

Now remember this is just a drawing and most likely never gonna happen but

Whelen justice R/R with flashing takedowns and alleys

6 500 series (4 we already have) red

2 Whelen strip-lites red

1 Whelen traffic adviser amber with red flashing ends

Whelen headlight flasher

1 dashlight maybe

1 Whelen 200 watt siren/switch controller set with warble an mechanical tones

2 100 watt Carson speakers

Around $2400 for everything listed

What do y'all think

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.