2003 F-150 Supercrew Install

dwg1523

Jun 30, 2010
North Florida
A work in progress. 2003 F150 Supercrew.

All Whelen

-4 TIR3s in front grille: 2 red, 2 white

-Dual Red Avenger hardwired up high on the windshield

-1 Amber Single Avenger hardwired on back window

-1 Red Single Avenger hardwired on back window

-1 Amber TIR3 on toolbox

-1 Red TIR3 on toolbox

-ULF44 (flashing the rear lights)

-CSP690 with 2 haw in front headlights, and 2 haw in rear tail lights

-Aux fuse panel under rear seat for power to the rear lights

-led switches installed next to steering wheel for easy access.

-All switched by "Front", and "Rear"

-Rear lights are set to flash in an "X" pattern. The amber avenger flashes with the red tir3, and the red avenger flashes with the amber tir3.

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_IMG_20110401_190049.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02947.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02943.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02944.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_IMG_20110512_192305.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_IMG_20110512_192315.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02949.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02948.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_IMG00128_20101030_1608.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02952.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02954.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC02959.jpg

ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm202_bmwm517_DSC07662.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice... :thumbsup: Minimal but effective... I like it alot, reminds me if the install I'm going to do soon on a 2008 Silverado... LoL

I love the setup, but that one TIR3 on the drivers side is on a different pattern. That bugs me a little lol. Other than that, very nice.

love the NRA sticker and the V1. :)

Yeah...The V1 saves me. Thanks all for the input and compliments. I am trying to play around with the front grille patterns and things got a little screwy. I am thinking about changing the back to amber/red on the toolbox, as well as amber/red on the rear window. Probably have them set up in an "X" pattern. Let me know what you guys think

first of all install looks great nice job its so simple yet effective, my question though is have you had any problems with moisture or anything with the TIRs on the tool box. I want to put 4 on my box 2 rear 2 sides but i didnt yet because i was afraid i wouldnt be able to get them to seal well enough on the diamond plate.

Very clean install. I appreciate the positioning of the dual avenger. Nice lighting overall, not too much. just right.

74FirefighterEMT said:
first of all install looks great nice job its so simple yet effective, my question though is have you had any problems with moisture or anything with the TIRs on the tool box. I want to put 4 on my box 2 rear 2 sides but i didnt yet because i was afraid i wouldnt be able to get them to seal well enough on the diamond plate.

I used clear caulking on the inside of the toolbox to 100% seal both the holes for the TIR3s and the main power hole from the truck cab. I have not had any problems with moisture getting through on any of the holes. Hope that helps!

Nice install. It looks clean. Did you do all the work yourself? How did you wire all of the lights up?

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice install,

I really would like to get an 03 F150 4x4.

things i would change is put the HAW strobes in the coners and put in a HLF.

On a highway i can always see headlights flashing before the lightbar ;)

ffemtmw said:
Nice install. It looks clean. Did you do all the work yourself? How did you wire all of the lights up?
Yeah, I did all the work myself. I have power running from the battery to a aux fuse panel under my rear passenger seat. The power then runs from there to the front near the steering wheel where the switches are, through the firewall, and out to the grille. I also have power running up the driver side A pillar to power the avenger. As for the rear lights, I have power running from the aux fuse panel to an led flasher, and then out through a plug in the floor to the toolbox. The talons on the rear window are powered by the flasher also. The power for the CSP-690 comes from the aux fuse panel.

How do you like the Valentine1?

tom said:
How do you like the Valentine1?
It has saved me from getting a ticket since 2004. Absolutely love the directional arrows and strength indicator. Everyone that rides in my truck is blown away.

The Valentine detectors are the best for the money. I had a 2.1 mile warning on Ka band. Twice, officers were set up in the same spot two days in a row. My usual alert distances are a mile on highway and 1/2mi in heavy traffic. Even picks up laser, but only if they're aiming at me.

I always tell my LEO friends to use the "trigger" method and only activate the radar when they can see a vehicle they want to hit. By leaving the unit in constant mode, it gives people with detectors plenty of time to slow down. At least, people with good detectors, the Cobra brand you see in most stores is worthless... I've seen 100 yard alert distances from those.

I was going to see how you wired up the aux fuse panel. Also what kind of GIS is that? Does that show all of your departments area and roads?

Yeah it does. I have a large overview one, and 6 "zoom ins" also. They are also hard laminated for the rain. I use them all the time. Our County/City GIS administrator is awesome about having up to date maps all the time. They are the same maps that the dispatcher sees, so its easy to relate.

ffemtmw said:
I was going to see how you wired up the aux fuse panel. Also what kind of GIS is that? Does that show all of your departments area and roads?

I have a 4 gauge dedicated power line coming from the battery. The line runs under the trim pieces on the floor of the passenger side. The ground comes from behind the passenger rear seat, and shares an OEM grounding screw. Once the panel has power and ground, there are 12 fused power points to choose from. There are also 8 grounding points. It works great!

dwg1523 said:
It has saved me from getting a ticket since 2004. Absolutely love the directional arrows and strength indicator. Everyone that rides in my truck is blown away.

Once you use or experience a Valentine 1, there is no other radar detector. It far surpasses any other detector IMHO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381