2004 Chevy Silverado - POV

SCRob

Feb 2, 2011
SC
Front Warning

Strobes N More E46 light bar (red, white, red, red, white, red)

4 Whelen LIN3 Lightheads (2 red, 2 white)

Axitech Stealth Visor Linear 60 Diode Version

Galls HLF Hooked to High Beams switched on Cencom unit

Whelen Mirror Beams RED/RED

[The Stealth Visor is now mounted back to my headliner, I took it down to see what it would look like on the dash ;) ]

Side Warning

4 Sho-me Micro LED Lights (2 on each side of toolbox)

Rear Warning

2 Sho-me Micro LED Lights (2 on each side of toolbox)

5 Whelen TIR6 Red LED Lights (5 mounted in middle of toolbox)

90 Watt Star/Svp Strobe PS with 4 strobes in reverse and turn signal lights.

All of these lights are hooked up to a Whelen Cencom Gold siren/control head with a single 100 watt siren.

Future Additions

Whelen Vertex LEDs to replace strobes and in fog lights

Front

After

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6383/img4216e.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lin3's should be surface mounted on the front of the grill...IMO. You are losing most of the warning output by it being "trapped" behind the grill area.

Or:

I would put the lin3's on the side and rear of your tool box. Use the micro lites in the grill then...this would give you more off axis coverage than the micro lites would.

cbpdogboy said:
The Lin3's should be surface mounted on the front of the grill...IMO. You are losing most of the warning output by it being "trapped" behind the grill area.

Or:

I would put the lin3's on the side and rear of your tool box. Use the micro lites in the grill then...this would give you more off axis coverage than the micro lites would.

Thanks for the tip, the light is still intense behind the grill but the off axis capabilities are really being wasted.

Thanks everyone!

nice setup, rob. +1 on linears in front of grill or tir behind the grill in order to maximize lighthead potential

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381