2004 Crown Victoria

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
I bought the car back in February and I'm just putting the finishing touches on it now. It's an '04 CVP73, ex-US Marshals, with 134, XXX miles and running strong. I am a volunteer firefighter, so that's what the lights are all about. Don't bother questioning the HLF, HAWs, Air Horn, etc... that's none of your concern :D As for the goodies:

Front-

Axixtech Stealth Visor- B/B

Whelen Mirror Beams- B/B

Whelen HLF

Whelen HAWs- C/C (Corners)

Sides-

Whelen Single Talons- B/B

Rear-

Lightning-X Xtreme 04- B/A

Federal Signal CHMSL LEDs- B/B

Whelen HAWs- R/R (Brake Lights)

Controlers/Power Supplies-

Whelen HHS2200 (Disclaimer: The labels are not on the controller yet, because I may be reprogramming some of the buttons' functions in the near future.)

Whelen UPS-64LX

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00432.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00431.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00430.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00429.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00428.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00426.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00421.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00422.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_DSC00423.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_th_MOV00434.jpg

ai1009.photobucket.com_albums_af215_AFC91_th_MOV00417.jpg

Hoot

May 21, 2010
New Jersey
TheZach said:
I'm not trying to start a fight but I'm curious.

Whats the orange line symbolize?

i think his camera washed it out. it's clearly red in the first pic, and since he said volunteer firefighter....

anyway, nice car. looks very clean and so does the install.

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
Respondcode3 said:
Not bad.. I would have run all those wires on the back wall of the trunk behind the rear seat. I see they left the faux AM-FM on the fender for you.

In hind sight, I agree with you completely... they would be more protected there, and it would look much cleaner. Next one I buy, I'll do it that way. Gotta love those cars though, in my limited experience, it's the easiest thing I've worked on.

ccvrs625

May 26, 2010
Summerville, SC
Great install I would just move the siren control to the dash or between the seats " I have jumped out of my truck so many times during bad weather on scenes and forgot to up my window or full secure my. Door only to return to a wet seat and door with a couple inches of water in it" I can tell you put a great deal of thought and work into your car and would hate to see anything get damaged! Once again Great Install!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Very clean install.

This is a Street Appearance Package, correct ?

Just curious... Have you followed more or less what was left of the USMS install, or have you totally improvised a new setup?

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
ccvrs625 said:
Great install I would just move the siren control to the dash or between the seats " I have jumped out of my truck so many times during bad weather on scenes and forgot to up my window or full secure my. Door only to return to a wet seat and door with a couple inches of water in it" I can tell you put a great deal of thought and work into your car and would hate to see anything get damaged! Once again Great Install!
Thanks, good point... I didn't put too much consideration into that.

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
TheGatekeeper said:
Very clean install.
This is a Street Appearance Package, correct ?

Just curious... Have you followed more or less what was left of the USMS install, or have you totally improvised a new setup?
Thanks. Its actually a base package, not an interceptor with the street appearance package. I ripped most of the Marshals wiring out. I kept the strobe cables, tubes, and hlf. Even got the power supply with it :D

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
the car and install looks great. crown vics are such a great platform when you are trying to build an emergency vehicle, however sometimes people's reasoning for having them with a set-up like this is suspect and im suprised you haven't been asked why you are driving one with a set-up like this....me personally, i think that when my agency starts retiring some of our 2005 cvpi's i am going to buy one at auction and install reds/blues for when i work off-duty jobs where i can't take my cruiser with me. i love driving these things and am so used to driving them that whenever i get in my wife's suv which has a center console gear shifter, i always reach looking for the shifter on the column. great looking car, kudos on the install work.

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
Jasen Hatfield said:
the car and install looks great. crown vics are such a great platform when you are trying to build an emergency vehicle, however sometimes people's reasoning for having them with a set-up like this is suspect and im suprised you haven't been asked why you are driving one with a set-up like this....me personally, i think that when my agency starts retiring some of our 2005 cvpi's i am going to buy one at auction and install reds/blues for when i work off-duty jobs where i can't take my cruiser with me. i love driving these things and am so used to driving them that whenever i get in my wife's suv which has a center console gear shifter, i always reach looking for the shifter on the column. great looking car, kudos on the install work.

Thanks man... I was pretty surprised when I wasn't questioned about having a Vic with lights too. I figured I'd slap my red line on there so local law enforcement would know I'm not up to no good.

rabidjade

May 21, 2010
Iowa
Looks super clean for a vehicle with that many miles on it. Nice subdued lighting package and install also.

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
Looks great. I have a 04 Vic too. I need to clean it up and repost my pics of it on here. You did a great job on this car well done. :D

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
Thanks for the posts... Im thinking of getting rid of the SV and getting a Slimlighter on the dash, Avenger on the headliner passenger side, and maybe some TIR3s in the grille. Any thoughts?

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
BAKE19 said:
Thanks for the posts... Im thinking of getting rid of the SV and getting a Slimlighter on the dash, Avenger on the headliner passenger side, and maybe some TIR3s in the grille. Any thoughts?

Since you are asking... :)

Dash and headliner cover the same "tier". I would avoid the overlap. Either headliner, or dash, not both.

TIRs in grill are just fine bien sûr ! ;)

Et voilà !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.