2004 Ford Explorer

USAMP

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City, MO
This is my 2004 Ford Explorer XLT. This is my second set up, less equipment, but a lot done a lot better then my first one ('98 Chevy Blazer).

Here's the run down:

- Ramsey Push Bar

- Whelen LIN-6 (Split R/B) Mounted to side of P/B

- Sho-Me Random Headlight Flasher

- Whelen Hide-a-Ways (strobe) in front corner lights, tail lights and reverse lights

- Axixtech Stealth Visor (R/B) w/ TD

- Stalker Dual Radar

- 10-8 Video Digital System

- Whelen CenCom Gold w/ TA

- Jotto Desk Console

- Weldon Technologies in rear side window (Red driver's side/Blue passenger side)

- Axixtech Dual Color 8 Head Commander (Modified for length)

This video was before the Commander came in. The lights in the back window are now in the rear side.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/usamp88/2004%20Explorer/th_VID00002-20100525-1734.jpg[/URL]

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0434.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0433.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0432.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0431.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0430.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0429.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0428.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0427.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0426.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0424.jpg

ai1088.photobucket.com_albums_i321_usamp88_2004_20Explorer_DSCN0425.jpg

Still have a few things to change up, and a few additions to make. I'll work on getting some more pics and possibly new videos up if anyone is interested.

@07GD: Thanks

@ Hawksprings: I've tried finding mirror beams, apparently they weren't made for this model. I'm still playing with the thought of mounting some LIN-6's on them anyway. A 911ep or even a dominator has been brought up, just waiting for one at the right price ;)

@ Catfish: Yes it is a POV

No, unfortunately, I don't use it for patrolling. It's main use it for SRT responses, as well as volunteer fire. Occasionally gets use on special events when we're short cars.

More or less as another speed deterrent when working on the highways. Idea was suggested to me by a few troopers I was working an accident with. They told me about how some of the DOT trucks were equipped with radar senders, not the full units, to help slow people down, was part of a pilot program. So when our department upgraded and had decided to toss the Stalkers I picked one up, I have seen that people back the speed way down (even when running amber only) when their detectors go off.

So are you Ohio or NJ? Profile says NJ but the front LP is the 1-800-GRAB-DUI plate that is on LEO vehicles.

What did your dept upgrade to? Dual Stalker is pretty bad ass... let me know if you want to get rid of it...

They went to the Eagle system. It wasn't too bad. Display was set up a little different, but similar functions. I like the Stalker's wireless remote much better than the wired Eagle. And the buttons having different shape made it easier to tell what you were pushing in the dark. The Eagle had all 6 buttons identical, and no backlight, was a pain.

CSailor, you're right it is rare. Most MP/MA are not authorized to deck out their POVs. My last duty station was a small base with only one SRT, so we were on call 24/7, unlike some of the bigger bases that have multiple teams on a rotation. So we were always a little different from other bases. The majority of the set up was used on fire responses as opposed to the MP side of it.

Core, Thanks. Eventually I want to go from the 40 to 56 model. But that will come down the line I'm sure.

USAMP said:
CSailor, you're right it is rare. Most MP/MA are not authorized to deck out their POVs. My last duty station was a small base with only one SRT, so we were on call 24/7, unlike some of the bigger bases that have multiple teams on a rotation. So we were always a little different from other bases. The majority of the set up was used on fire responses as opposed to the MP side of it.

Core, Thanks. Eventually I want to go from the 40 to 56 model. But that will come down the line I'm sure.

Looks good. So now that you moved, are they letting you keep everything or do you have to take it all out? Welcome to Jersey, by the way.

No one has said anything about it, so I've kept it in, and just used common sense (i.e. not using it lol). Since it's in my POV and I purchased it all, it's really my decision to take it out or leave it in. If anything happens, the results it will just be on me. Oh, and thanks for the welcome.

USAMP said:
@07GD: Thanks

@ Hawksprings: I've tried finding mirror beams, apparently they weren't made for this model. I'm still playing with the thought of mounting some LIN-6's on them anyway. A 911ep or even a dominator has been brought up, just waiting for one at the right price ;)

@ Catfish: Yes it is a POV

I own a 2002 explorer same body style and I have mirror beams from whelen..they do make them

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381