2004 Ford F-150

marnold173

Aug 27, 2010
south of houston, tx
Hello All,

I recently purchased an Axixtech Commander 8 head traffic director and I am trying to mount it in the rear window of my F-150. My question is, what's the best way to mount the bar to the headliner? I will be using the L brackets that Axixtech sells for this bar. My main concern is what type of screws to use, and how long should they be?

marnold173 said:
Hello All,

I recently purchased an Axixtech Commander 8 head traffic director and I am trying to mount it in the rear window of my F-150. My question is, what's the best way to mount the bar to the headliner? I will be using the L brackets that Axixtech sells for this bar. My main concern is what type of screws to use, and how long should they be?

hey welcome to the board marnold. how many screws are there that hold up the readliner in the rear of your cab? in my POV, in order to avoid drilling holes all over the place, i pulled out the 2 plastic screws that hold up the headliner in my toyota and replaced them w/ 2 self-tapping screws from lowes to hold the l-brackets up. haven't had a problem with it.

There are two of the plastic screws in the back. I've never tried to take them out before. Do they usually screw into a metal beam in the roof of the truck? If so that seems like it would work just fine.

Mr Blitz, you know the fella in my signiture has a photo of how he mounted 3 Talons accross the rear window of an F-150. I do not know where to locate it or I would have given one valiant effort.

JaBradt, thanks for the tip. I searched on the archives and was able to find the pic you were talking about. Took awhile to figure out how to make it work but it was exactly what I needed.

marnold173 said:
JaBradt, thanks for the tip. I searched on the archives and was able to find the pic you were talking about. Took awhile to figure out how to make it work but it was exactly what I needed.
2 points for the good guy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381