2004 H1 Hummer

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Hey all,

I'm new to the board, but I do all of my own work in my spare time. Definitely a work in progress.

I use this truck out patrolling the lakes and rivers, and the occasional DUI task force. I'm a volunteer so I don't get paid to do this, but I love the job :)

- Whelen Cencom Gold

- Strobes N More E6 Body Mount Lights (Front, Side, Rear)

- Speedtech Lights D8 Rear Traffic/Warning Bar (Rear)

- Whelen Spitfire Split R/B Rear Lights (Rear)

- Electroluminescent "SHERIFF" sign (Passenger Window)

Since its hard to find lights that fit well with a flat hummer windshield, i originally stripped out some whelen Slimmiser lights and put them into a custom aluminum U channel.

I have since purchased a Strobes n more E48 Deck bar and you can see this in the comparison shots below...

I also picked up a new 2011 Tahoe SSV, that'll be posted soon once i get it outfitted :)

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4025_4630966674_5493678584_z.jpg

alh6.googleusercontent.com__yq3i9yfQ4Og_S_YOfPQ_xPI_AAAAAAAADd8_wmt5QR7LLEo_IMG_2206.JPG

alh6.googleusercontent.com__yq3i9yfQ4Og_S_YOg50kEmI_AAAAAAAADeQ__iSQFzbDW_Y_IMG_2214.JPG

alh5.googleusercontent.com__yq3i9yfQ4Og_S_YOed05x4I_AAAAAAAADds_5YdtJbikNss_IMG_2199.JPG

And then the addition of Strobesnmore E6 and E48 bars. The E48 in the driver windshield is obviously way brighter, so ill be picking up another one for the passenger windshield to make it match. This was a test to compare the two.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__yq3i9yfQ4Og_TX7OTteZXvI_AAAAAAAADqY_AdZlAYai5xM_s1440_IMG_2522.JPG

alh3.googleusercontent.com__yq3i9yfQ4Og_TX7OT_2xSeI_AAAAAAAADqc_gZ9NEZkO5Zc_s1440_IMG_2520.png

alh4.googleusercontent.com__yq3i9yfQ4Og_TX7OUJkhWlI_AAAAAAAADqg_MgNKzmGsUGs_s1440_IMG_2528.JPG

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Looks awesome! I'd ditch the speedtech stuff though, its junk!

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I would get rid of the Speed Tech Junk. If you are driving a Hummer you should be able to afford a decent US company LED light.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
Did you win the lottery, start a business, or get a large inheritance? ;-)

Are you a full time deputy and help out extra for free? Or are there volunteer deputies out in Arizona?

O yeah, nice truck!

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
ISU_Cyclone said:
Did you win the lottery, start a business, or get a large inheritance? ;-)

Are you a full time deputy and help out extra for free? Or are there volunteer deputies out in Arizona?

O yeah, nice truck!

I know a few Peace Officers that are well off financially, they either made their money in the stock market or previous profession outside of law enforcement. I meet a cop once that made major money in the dotcom days before Y2K and decided to become a cop because it was something he always wanted to do.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Very sweet install... And yes, ditch the STL shit... I've always wanted to get a H1 kit and build one like the did on Xtreme 4X4...

MogillaGorilla.jpg

Then, add some lights of course... LOL

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Everyone seems to have a pretty healthy aversion to speedtech i see :) I didnt even know they werent made stateside. In any event, I just picked up Strobes N More's new E66 lightbar which does directional as well, will see how it works.

I ordered a bunch of their stuff for the Tahoe, if it looks good more will probably come for the Hummer as well.

Im not a full-time deputy, im just a volunteer for the sheriff's office, however we go through training, are armed, and are uncompensated employees of the office. We do everything full-time deputies do, we just arent paid :eek: It becomes an expensive hobby as you can imagine because we pay for our own equipment. Thus I do all the install work myself and try to get a good deal on equipment (new or used).

I was able to afford a hummer since i got scholarships in college and started working young, saved a bunch of money and bought a used hummer when the housing market collapsed and business owners couldnt afford their toys anymore! Always wanted one so I figured I had earned it.

In my day job I do work in the computer industry though :)

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Very cool! I used to always want an H1. It's too bad they pulled production on them..

That's going to be a lot of lighting with those two bar lights up there. Looks badass though

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Camerin said:
Looks good. Its nice to see someone driving a real hummer.

+1. I hate the H2 and H3 and all the other crap they came out with. The H1 is by far one of the best off road vehicles IMO. When I was in JROTC I got to ride in one on Ft. Wood through an off road test rack...and let me tell ya, that thing will flat out scream!

Caleb

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
paladin said:
Everyone seems to have a pretty healthy aversion to speedtech i see :) I didnt even know they werent made stateside. In any event, I just picked up Strobes N More's new E66 lightbar which does directional as well, will see how it works.

I ordered a bunch of their stuff for the Tahoe, if it looks good more will probably come for the Hummer as well.

Im not a full-time deputy, im just a volunteer for the sheriff's office, however we go through training, are armed, and are uncompensated employees of the office. We do everything full-time deputies do, we just arent paid :eek: It becomes an expensive hobby as you can imagine because we pay for our own equipment. Thus I do all the install work myself and try to get a good deal on equipment (new or used).

I was able to afford a hummer since i got scholarships in college and started working young, saved a bunch of money and bought a used hummer when the housing market collapsed and business owners couldnt afford their toys anymore! Always wanted one so I figured I had earned it.

In my day job I do work in the computer industry though :)

That's interesting, granted I don't really go out of my "bubble" that often, I didn't know they let volunteers do that. Are you fully insured and sworn in? Any pics of the interior?

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Yeah we're covered by the county insurance and, for all intents and purposes, while we're working we're considered law enforcement officers, we drive the same vehicles, have the same uniform, equipment, do paper, testify in court, etc (hit one of us and the charge you get is assaulting a police officer, for example).

Heres a picture of the interior before I got the E48 Lightbar and added that to the windshield. In addition, after this a Kustom Falcon HR radar gun and some other goodies (like the havis/ledco dock for that laptop).

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4083_4992209864_5177443360_b.jpg

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
vonirkinshtine said:
I know still pictures probably don't do the install justice, but the whole thing looks like a purple blob to me.

Someday i'll try to do video :eek: I picked the photos that happened to catch when all the leds were on to show them all, rather than showing half on half off..

You know what really bothers me is that when I purchased those E6 surface mount LEDS from strobes n more, their page said "has sync wire to sync patterns".....

Turns out, it doesnt work on the one pattern I like (the one that cycles through all their patterns)... I emailed them first, and then they responded as if I was an idiot and didnt install it right "Are all of the lights set to the same flash pattern? They must be on the same flash pattern in order for them to synchronize"...

I responded, "Yes, they are all currently set to the pattern that cycles through approx 4 flash patterns (close to last in the list of patterns).", and then never got a response from them.

A month later, i now see on their website a little disclaimer "The lights will not sync with any of the random flash patterns". So apparently they realized their mistake, but never bothered to follow up with me.

I like their products, but their customer support is horrible.

ncarpenter

Sep 12, 2010
Northwestern Michigan
holy mother of gawd, that interior is redic, like something you would see Steven Segall driving around in his little 'parish'. Maybe I can make you a quick visual program to flash "Loiter" on the computer screen, followed by "INTIMIDATE", like in the batmobile?? lol

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
paladin said:
Yeah we're covered by the county insurance and, for all intents and purposes, while we're working we're considered law enforcement officers, we drive the same vehicles, have the same uniform, equipment, do paper, testify in court, etc (hit one of us and the charge you get is assaulting a police officer, for example).

Heres a picture of the interior before I got the E48 Lightbar and added that to the windshield. In addition, after this a Kustom Falcon HR radar gun and some other goodies (like the havis/ledco dock for that laptop).

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4083_4992209864_5177443360_b.jpg

Looks awesome.

I have to go get a towel now. =)

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
paladin said:

That may not be the most beautiful thing i've ever seen, but it is most deffinately in the top 10!

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
I would suggest (which you may have already done) flashing red and blue separately to avoid the purple look. Other than that, your ride looks amazing.

Are you a programmer?

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
gman021 said:
I would suggest (which you may have already done) flashing red and blue separately to avoid the purple look. Other than that, your ride looks amazing.

Are you a programmer?

Yeah, they flash separately. I purposely set the exposure on the camera longer so that you could see all the leds lit up, (rather than having a bunch dark).

I am a programmer. I used to do web development, graphic design, and IT consulting. Now I run a company called Slickdeals :)

Truck26

May 21, 2010
NYC
paladin said:
Yeah, they flash separately. I purposely set the exposure on the camera longer so that you could see all the leds lit up, (rather than having a bunch dark).

I am a programmer. I used to do web development, graphic design, and IT consulting. Now I run a company called Slickdeals :)

SLICKDEALS.NET????????

WOWWWW!!!

(yes im shouting!)

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Ozzy8585 said:
Awesome! Only in my dreams, or if I win the mega millions...lol. Love it!! :thumbsup:

True that... Plus that would be the only way I could afford to put fuel in the damn thing... LoL

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Love it! I dont like STL lights though. I like the cockpit . I wonder what the cars think when you pull them over with it.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
VolEms said:
Love it! I dont like STL lights though. I like the cockpit . I wonder what the cars think when you pull them over with it.

I'm sure the cars don't think anything... LoL :hahano:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.