2005.5 Audi A4 (B7) POV

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Truck is all SNM lighting. I like it, it's cost effective, but I need something a little bit more low profile and well, physically smaller for the A4.

I picked up a Cobra 2X and am pretty impressed. It's real low profile, and still packs a punch; exactly what I need. Here's a teaser video. Any ideas for additional Feniex lighting on this bad boy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Pyron said:
Truck is all SNM lighting. I like it, it's cost effective, but I need something a little bit more low profile and well, physically smaller for the A4.

I picked up a Cobra 2X and am pretty impressed. It's real low profile, and still packs a punch; exactly what I need. Here's a teaser video. Any ideas for additional Feniex lighting on this bad boy?

a pair of R/R T6s and call it a day. looks great

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
slash9dotnet said:
Cannons in the taillights and front turn signals. :cool:

Would look great, however, i dont think this will work in an Audi. its gonna reek havoc on the computer system and youll throw 'bulb-out' codes every time you start the car. Those damn Germans complicate life sometimes.

that being said, stick with something in the grill and on the deck.

MeefZah

Oct 6, 2011
New Philadelphia, OH
That's a sweet car.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
One thing I have learned from nice cars like these, every piece of the car is put so closely together that running wires and decking it out is a major headache. Usually it looks awful too. If your going through lights, add something for the sides and then add a couple of low profile deck lights and call it a day.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Thanks for the compliments...

About to pick up some T6's for the sides. They seem to be similar in size to the SNM E6 Mini, which happens to barely fit in the side windows behind the rear door. Also interested in seeing a comparison between the two.

For the record, our department pretty much requires 360 lighting. Additionally, I'll be looking at some sort of intersection warning, most likely off to the sides of the fog lights. Was also considering doing Cannons in the fog lights.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Storm4200 said:
Would look great, however, i dont think this will work in an Audi. its gonna reek havoc on the computer system and youll throw 'bulb-out' codes every time you start the car. Those damn Germans complicate life sometimes.

that being said, stick with something in the grill and on the deck.

Agreed. I thought about putting Cannons in the Rear Fog Lights and Reverse Lights. I'm already dealing with a bulb out error from the "Error-Free" LED License plate lights I got from JDMtoys, so I'm not sure it would really bother me much. I think as long as you threw a resistor before the flasher it might be fine, but the error isn't really that big of a deal to me.

SHOF

Mar 10, 2013
IN
How did you mount it? Does your car have the auto dimming mirror because mine does and it has a harness running up to the headliner. Pics would be great.

image.jpg

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
SHOF said:
How did you mount it? Does your car have the auto dimming mirror because mine does and it has a harness running up to the headliner. Pics would be great.

I modified a headliner bracket to fit between the headliner and the middle visor. My mirror doesn't have the cables going to it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

SHOF

Mar 10, 2013
IN
Nice install. I was thinking about putting Ghosts up there because it is a tight fit.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
SHOF said:
Nice install. I was thinking about putting Ghosts up there because it is a tight fit.

Can't go wrong with that either. There is a gentleman who has an unmarked/undercover charger install thread somewhere that has ghosts in his headliner.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
are you gonna do a pair of girl lights ? i think a pair of T-4s or 3s or whatever Feneix calls their small light head. I suppose a pasir of t-6s would work also. i personally like the look off two small grill lights.

in this video of my B8, it shows essentially what a pair of TIR3 style light heads would like in the grill of your B7.

(in the vid its a 911ep 24" stick, but only the end pods are activated.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Finally got motivated to work on the A4's lighting this week. I threw a Feniex Cobra 2X above the 3rd brake light for giggles; it's not staying there.

The SNM Hideaways in the turn signals are.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Storm4200 said:
are you gonna do a pair of girl lights ? i think a pair of T-4s or 3s or whatever Feneix calls their small light head. I suppose a pasir of t-6s would work also. i personally like the look off two small grill lights.

in this video of my B8, it shows essentially what a pair of TIR3 style light heads would like in the grill of your B7.

(in the vid its a 911ep 24" stick, but only the end pods are activated.)

Jeez, your A4 rocks !!

We just got A4s Avant (wagon), with a lousy pair of MS6s in the grille and a Spitfire on the dash.. :(

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
TheGatekeeper said:
Jeez, your A4 rocks !!
We just got A4s Avant (wagon), with a lousy pair of MS6s in the grille and a Spitfire on the dash.. :(

I have an Ion Spitfire that's on the rear deck. I think I'll pick up another one for the other side. Everything is on a ULF44 Flasher. Ions in the side windows, SNM LAWs in the turn signals, and 2 Ion Spitfire's on the deck should round out the rear just fine. I have a set of white ions I might put on the rear doors near the B Pillar. I suppose I could take a video of what I'm working with so far. I'll post something soon.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Pyron said:

I'd go with solid red T6 in the grill and a pair of apollos on the rear deck (1 amber, 1 red)

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Updated the initial post with a video of a Pegasus for comparison :D

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Pyron said:
Updated the initial post with a video of a Pegasus for comparison :D

Oh WOW!! What a difference! I would maybe do a different pattern. This looks like a better pattern for the rear. You want something that conveys a bit more, sense of urgency. looks GREAT though. Any interior pics?

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Storm4200 said:
Oh WOW!! What a difference! I would maybe do a different pattern. This looks like a better pattern for the rear. You want something that conveys a bit more, sense of urgency. looks GREAT though. Any interior pics?

It's not mounted, just wanted to test fit it to see how it would look. Not crazy about the patterns either. This particular bar was rewired and installed in an Explorer hooked up to a ULF44 :)

However, now I need to save up for a Pegasus in the Audi.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI

Currently mounted with suction cups, but will likely just use headliner brackets and it'll move up another 2 inches or so out of my line of sight as well.

Maybe I'll get this car done this year :/

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
acala91 said:
Looks good. I'd prefer a slower pattern on the Cobra but that isn't too bad.

I like this pattern because the two reds on the outside are different than the ambers on the inside, and they change it up between fast and slow. I think a mix between fast and slow is what really sets warning lights apart. Some people see slow better, some people react to fast better. Having both on your vehicle should be good.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
It's a good pattern, if the car is in motion. But if it's stationary, I too would like a slower pattern.

I think the bar looks great though.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Storm4200 said:
It's a good pattern, if the car is in motion. But if it's stationary, I too would like a slower pattern.
I think the bar looks great though.

Like a traffic advisor pattern? ;)

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Pyron said:
Like a traffic advisor pattern? ;)

No, unless you are using it to direct traffic. Use a slower patter that alternates left-right-left-right, or center-ends-center-ends.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.