2005 Ford Crown Vic

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_ba3u2y6y.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_5ymuqy3y.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_bumezahe.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_denanu4y.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_ruzeqyda.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_ehumadur.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_21_gadumada.jpg

Front Lights

Feniex Pegasus

Sound Off Ultralite 8 head

Sides

Sound Off Intercectors

Rear

Feniex Cobra 800

Feniex Cannon hideaways

Star/SVP Phantom dash lights

Control

Whelen 295sf siren lighting controler. I cant remeber the rest of the numbers on the siren box.

Sorry for the bad video it was taken on a phone. I had to make a custom console floor mount, we also installed the push bumper on this car. The Feniex lights are a package deal i made for the officers here using there cars on extra jobs, i will be adding more pictures after i install the intercectors tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love the solid colors (not split/interweaved colors), but I'm not a fan of the flash patterns. I would've put the cobra on the rear deck & scrapped the mini phantoms/

Also, I believe that it is illegal on ELB to have a crown vic without a HLF & HAWs/LAWs in the front corner housings

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks good. I like the half red half blue color configuration. The only thing I would change is the flash patterns of the Cobra and deck lights to something slower.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
txff914 said:
This car some times sits for almost 8 hrs at a time with the lights on, when he works a road job so hlf wouldn't be good.

Tie the HLF to position 3 on the controller?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
txff914 said:
This car some times sits for almost 8 hrs at a time with the lights on, when he works a road job so hlf wouldn't be good.

This is why I don't have a HLF on my truck, upto 14 hrs would be bad for the headlights. Nice setup.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
You Guys could always just shut the HLF off.

Needs some front intersection and the rear needs to be SLOWED DOWN!!!!

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Back definitely needs to be slowed down... the phantoms can barely be seen... were they they gen 1 or 3 led phantoms? I'd sell em and put a couple T6's on a a license plate frame and a couple in the side windows... would be WAY more effective. but yes, SLOW down the back... especially since you can't sync the phantoms and feniex...

Front looks pretty good... for road jobs since you're not going to put a HLF, I'd put some LAW's in the corners...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
My vote is for HAWs in the front corners, but for extended use on road jobs and such, LED is clearly the way to go

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
For the HLF, I wasn't implying that it be used while sitting on a road for 30 hours; I recommended one for warning during code 3 responses, but if the owner doesn't want one, them that's fine.

txff914 said:
Ya I'm in a toss up of what I we should put on the front side, ether going to put dual T6s on the side of the push bumper or white cannons in the front markers.

How about 1 solid T6 and a cannon on each side? Cannon in the marker light will give you better off-axis, but the T6 will give you better head-on punch, so you get the best of both worlds; however, please go with solid color T6's. For the clear LAWs up front & to the rear, I think it'd be a good idea to have a switch or slide position where they are deactivated; while it sounds like the vehicle is mostly for road details, I can think of a few possible scenarios/instances when it'd be a good idea to have the ability deactivate the clear.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.