2005 Ford F-150 4x4

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
I posted some of this on the other board, but I have since updated my truck. It's a 2005 Ford F-150 4x4 that is my personal vehicle that I respond with my volunteer fire department with. I wanted something simple but effective. Up to this point I have done all the install myself.

Equipment is as follows:

-Whelen Dual Talon Red/Red

-Whelen 500 Series LIN6 Red (2)

-Whelen Slimlighter Red/Red

-Whelen 295HF Siren

-Whelen 100 Watt Speaker

Dual Talon is mounted with the factory suction cups under the RVM. Slimlighter is mounted to the headliner in the back window. For the 500s, I used a piece of 1 1/4" flat stock mounted to the factory headlight bolts. They look crooked in the picture but they are straight. The siren box is wedged in between the driver and middle seat, while the speaker is mounted behind the bumper (still need to paint the mount). Everything under the hood is loomed together and comes through the firewall at the factory brake pedal location (no interference). All of the LEDs are wired to the Talon's cigarette lighter and wires hidden behind the dash. Now, on to the pictures.

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_730260_fullsize_dscf0431.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813199_fullsize_dscf0381.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813200_fullsize_dscf0377.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813201_fullsize_dscf0372.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813202_fullsize_dscf0374.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813204_fullsize_dscf0376.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813210_fullsize_dscf0382.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_813213_fullsize_dscf0384.jpg

I still want to do a CSP690 and strobes in the heads, fogs and tails. After that, I will probably be done with this truck. Maybe some LIN3s somewhere on the sides. Also thought about adding a second siren speaker, but I don't think it's needed. I hate to see vehicles overdone, and that's the last thing I want with this truck.

Opinions and suggestions welcomed! Videos to come!

Nice truck and setup! The only thing that I would change is how you have the siren put in the truck, that has to be uncomfortable in a siren box stuck in your side.

You would think so, but I can't even tell that it's there. It makes it easy to reach in HF mode but I can still put it in the floor if I have to flip the console and use the whole seat.

Looks really good. I like simple! I wish I would have went that route. I would add a HLF, TLF, and 1 LINZ6 R/R in either side door for some intersection protection. If you want to add a second speaker I would say go for it. It looks really nice!

Thanks! I have thought about doing some LINZ6s on the license plate and under the front doors above the step bars. The more videos I see though, the more I really want to get the strobes done.

Looks good...I also agree with the others about the siren placement though.. i would put it some where else where its easy to operate and out of my way.

I like that statue in picture 3. I would say move the siren too but if it doesnt bother you then so be it. I would do the 690 then a couple LINZ6s/Vertexes at the running boards. Slick ride. Any side/profile shots?

I would add a Headlight flasher and some intersection warning . Remember most MVA's with emegency vehicles are T Bone. Going through and intersection and you have no warning at all. Nice install

Thanks for the replies. I have considered a few locations for the siren, but still keep coming back to where it is at now. It moves with the seat front and back, and doesn't come anywhere close to tearing the leather.

Side shots, as requested :D

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_683783_fullsize_dscf0383.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_683785_fullsize_dscf0385.jpg

Beautiful truck. Beautiful. I would love to have that. :cool:

Since you have a tool box, I would mount a LINZ6 (or whatever you choose) on the sides.

Where did you find that firefighter statue??

I appreciate the compliments on the truck. I try to keep it as clean as I can.

The statues were donated to the department by a local landscaping company. Each of 16 stations got one. These pictures were taken at our current temporary station (hence the gravel) while the permanent station is under construction in the background. Not sure what they are made of, but they are heavy. I will see if I can get some more info on them.

The toolbox crossed my mine before too, but it is a low profile model, so I am not sure how much room I would have to work with. I would probably have to get the lights in and test fit for clearance.

There are obviously tons of lightheads out there so I am sure there are some that will fit. My dist chief used Axixtech TLED4s and they worked out great. LINZ6s might work with the LIN3 flange since it appears to be smaller.

If you ever get some info on the statues, please PM me. :cool:

Love the install, the truck looks great! I have a quick question about your slimlighter in the back... what kind of screws did you use and did you just screw it to the headliner or did you actually go in to metal in the roof? I have one in the same location and made some goofy brackets that attach it to the headliner clips that I'm not happy with and would prefer to do it the way you did. Thanks!

really nice, clean, hidden install. sharp lookin truck too. I agree with everyone else about the siren placement though. I can see smashing my knuckles on the edge of the siren box when buckling up, or accidently activating the siren. Im curious as to how easy the MIC is to get to. not trying to criticize you or anything, just curious. Hey, if it works for you, thats what matters, right?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381