2005 GMC Sierra pov

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
Here is my 2005 GMC Sierra. I have just started my install, so be kind.

Here is what I have installed so far:

Lighting :

A pair of axitech sq4's in the grill

a mini phantom in the windshield

a whelen talon in the windshield

a Whelen dominator in the back window

Interior:

Kenwood tk-7160

bearcat scanner

Feniex Olympian controller

whelen 295slsa1 siren (running at 100watts for now)

I have a temporary console made right now . I will get an interior video up as soon as time allows .

video link:

(yes i know the dominator is not centered.... i corrected it after the video was shot)

photo12123.jpg

untitled.png

IMG_3491.jpgThe cord with the cig plug is no longer there.... i hid it under the dash ....its wired to the olympian)

IMG_3484.jpg

Thanks for looking... Any (constructive) comments are appreciated

i am still working on getting some side warning but i cannot make up my mind what to get(so many choices so little money:undecided:)

Last edited by a moderator:

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
fier23 said:
Not a bad start at all. I'd sync up and alternate those grille lights but if that's what you like then that's what's important.
I do plan On syncing them but I'm having trouble syncing them.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
not a bad start, but, i'd definitely add a HLF and some intersection warning.

after that, you can add some lighting up front if you like/if you have some extra $ to spend...for me personally, i'd replace the grill lights with something larger in the grill and move the current grill lights to the sides

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
localhero800 said:
How did you mount the Dominator? Im having problems figuring out how to mount mine in a 2002 chevy
IMG_3484.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Looks good... The only thing that bugs me is that all your frontal warning is too "centered". And by this, I mean all your lights are are in the center 18" of the truck... My suggestion for this is to: A) get a HLF B) get some sort of HAW (be it strobe or LED) for the marker lights or C) get a set of mirror beams...

And my OCD is kicking in with your Dominator in the back beong off-center... lol I'd also suggest a TLF or HAWs in the rear as well...

As for your side warning, get another mini-phantom and use the one from your dash, and put one in each back side window...

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
TritonBoulder47 said:
Looks good... The only thing that bugs me is that all your frontal warning is too "centered". And by this, I mean all your lights are are in the center 18" of the truck... My suggestion for this is to: A) get a HLF B) get some sort of HAW (be it strobe or LED) for the marker lights or C) get a set of mirror beams...

And my OCD is kicking in with your Dominator in the back beong off-center... lol I'd also suggest a TLF or HAWs in the rear as well...

As for your side warning, get another mini-phantom and use the one from your dash, and put one in each back side window...

I have corrected the off center dominator.

I plan on a set of haws as soon as money allows

I have a lead on another phantom ... Just waiting for the guy to give me a price

THANKS for the advice

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
Here is an up date:

2 STL lights in the windshield.

axitech sq4 lights in the grill. (Still unable to sync them)

microman 4" lights in the side windows

Whelen talon in the back window

on order are some feniex cannons for the rear tail lights

oh and to the sync police: the stl light are non syncable

ai1229.photobucket.com_albums_ee461_dlas31_87B1D0B1_9BD1_4442_1f40435a9e412e96922a7ba7c6e3e83b.jpg

ai1229.photobucket.com_albums_ee461_dlas31_86DF49F5_560E_48E6_ad1639e6b756a34c8560c8c4d0bc6f0f.jpg

ai1229.photobucket.com_albums_ee461_dlas31_7E8B3953_53DF_4378_10b620004b77bf5c517459bf420a6ae2.jpg

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Not trying to come off as a dick but how does one replace a Whelen talon with anything STL? :duh:

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
acala91 said:
Not trying to come off as a dick but how does one replace a Whelen talon with anything STL? :duh:

because unlike most I'm not stuck on "name brand" lights.

With that being said. I Know That the STL lights are not as Bright as a Whelen talon.

I came across the STL lights by trading items that were sitting in the garage.

so far the STL lights have worked great for me.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
natep24 said:
With that being said. I Know That the STL lights are not as Bright as a Whelen talon.

It isn't a question of brightness, it's a question of quality. Please see video;

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
pdk9 said:
not a bad start, but, i'd definitely add a HLF and some intersection warning.
after that, you can add some lighting up front if you like/if you have some extra $ to spend...for me personally, i'd replace the grill lights with something larger in the grill and move the current grill lights to the sides

I agree. I would also find a differnt way to mount the Dominator. I am not a fan of suction cups. I would at least shorten the screws

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
natep24 said:

You don't have to be stuck on name brands to know that STL is junk in both brightness and quality. Strobes N More, Microman, AWL, along with a few others aren't name brand both offer good quality, bright lights which s something that can't be said about STL.

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
IMHO I liked your previous set up better. My buddy has a similar setup in his Nissan Sentra (AWL L18, almost like a Whelen Dual Talon, in his passenger visor, and a Mini Phantom R/C in the lower dash), I agree it was too off centered. And I'd sell that STL lighting and purchase some good lights from AWL.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
For all the STL haters I am getting rid of the STL lights. Not because they don't work but because I found something that I like alot better.

I just bought a strobes n more e66 super led.

Video to follow as soon as I get it installed

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
Here is the updated video.

i have removed the STL lights( not because of the negative feedback . I still thought the worked good for me) and replaced them with a Strobes N More E66 dual color light.

This light is solid red on warning and has an amber traffic arrow function.

I will replace the talon in the rear with another E66 when money allow.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Seems like you've had some decent setups along the way and I like the custom made console. Only thing I'm wondering is, you bought the StrobesNMore E66, why not put that in the back since it does have the amber traffic advisor function, and put the Talon up front until you got another E66.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
efdny2003 said:
Seems like you've had some decent setups along the way and I like the custom made console. Only thing I'm wondering is, you bought the StrobesNMore E66, why not put that in the back since it does have the amber traffic advisor function, and put the Talon up front until you got another E66.

I debated that. But after mocking the light up in the front just to see if it would work there i decided to leave it in place. I need more light to the front. As I do more response to the station than to the scene I thought it would be best use of the light to place it in the front.

Thank You for the constructive comments

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
efdny2003 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Since most of your responses are to the station, do you really need a T/A to the front? I would put current one to the rear and get a single colored one for the front. And a single color will be a few bucks cheaper

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
strobecrazy said:
Nice. Unlike the others I like the dual color to the front. That way you can use the amber for non-emergency uses.
My thoughts exactly.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.