2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
This is my department's day deputy vehicle, a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. This vehicle used to be a MSHP Crash Investigation vehicle. All exposed wires were placed by our local radio shop, which frankly can barely do radios, let alone installs. The first 2 pictures are the wires that were ran from the battery (no fuse anywhere) to the siren box. The radio was being powered by a "jumper wire" from the siren to the radio. I rewired it into a neater formation and found some other stuff that they had done. They had taken a 20G wire and cut all the wires off of the end except 1, and wrapped that one single strand of wire around a fuse in the interior fuse panel so when the vehicle was turned off, so did whatever it was hooked up to...it was spliced into 3 different wires...needless to say, I still don't know where that wire went to. Sorry for the crappy pictures!! Was taken at night after install was done, no flash on the camera. All equipment I have added/installed will be denoted by an asteric (*).

Code3 VCon Siren/Switch Combo

Midland VHF Radio

GPS

Cone style 100W siren speaker (Wires behind the grille that are visible belong to this and something else???)

NOVA N500 LED HAW in reverse lights

*Interior Lightbar (ULB44) Red/Blue

*Mini Phantom Max Red/Blue

*Strobes N' More E6 Grille Lights R/B Split (Yes, those are zip ties)

*Code3 2100 Red/Blue w/ Amber T/A (Cable ran down windshield)

*Strobes N' More Deck Light R/R/B/B (In camper shell)

*Sho-Me Random HLF (No pictures, installed under hood)

Wire mess 1.jpg

Wire mess 2.jpg

console.jpg

dash light, gps.jpg

decal.jpg

driver lightbar.jpg

front doors open.jpg

front upper 1.jpg

front.jpg

grille light 1.jpg

grille light 2.jpg

interior bar 2.jpg

interiro bar.jpg

lightbar wire entrt.jpg

lightbar wire rundown.jpg

passnger lightbar.jpg

rear bar closed.jpg

rear bar open.jpg

rear lightbar 1.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Holy smokes!!!! I think that radio shop should look for a different line of work. :crazy:

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
stansdds said:
Holy smokes!!!! I think that radio shop should look for a different line of work. :crazy:

I agree 100%!! We had taken it there when his lights were acting up...so they said it was because the wires had fallen out of the terminals...yes they did. It was bare copper wire (no crimp) in the screw in base...I would expect that out of an amateur, but not a "installation/radio shop".

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.