2006 Chevy Colorado (P.E.R.V 3)

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
1.19.2017- UPDATE: NEAR FUTURE SETUP RENDERING
http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/2006-chevy-colorado-p-e-r-v-3.68167/#post-612798

Lets give this a go again.

2006 Chevy Colorado Personal Emergency Responce Vehicle #3

uploadfromtaptalk1435938514658.jpg

Installed

AWL Venom ILB (RED)---7/19/15

feniex cannons red/white (2 rear flashing red only with reverse override)

6 head tir 4 bar in grill ( i believe it to be strobes n more, can be made all amber or all red with traffic advisor)

Whelen liberty -maybe-

feniex cannons (2 in front turn signal)

Headlight flasher (once i figure out the proper way to hook it up )

That is what i have to work with, not buying anything right now, will be looking at making a console to go in to hold radios and such. I have to learn to deal with less space.

This is based off of the equipment I already own, in the future there will be changes and upgrades of course.

Less than 24 hours of owning the truck the first lights are installed.

the decision was made to put the 6 head bar in the grill, if i put it in the back upper window (only place in rear to put it), when the liberty gets installed it will all wash together making it useless. Plus it fits beautifully in the grill. Also I put the cannons in the reverse lights but didnt have a chance to hook up the warning due to the rain moving in.

Here is a picture of the light in the grill. Video to come. uploadfromtaptalk1435938483879.jpg

Chevy Colorado grill lights:

Venom install. Front warning thus far.

Chevy Colorado front warning:

Last edited:
Reactions: Storm4200

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Red/white cannon install in reverse lighys. Red warn (not hooked up yet due to rain) and white steady burn override (reverse overrides warning mode.)

uploadfromtaptalk1435939120529.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435939192337.jpg

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
You have to have a mustache like me to be called PERVE lol

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I leave the E off for good reason, as not to be confused with you Garza , lol.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looking good so far. Personally I would just sell the 5mm 700s. My work truck has these for intersection warning and they suck IMO.

Reactions: Storm4200

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Thanks! Actually, I am going with my original Idea . The 700s are going on the 4 wheeler. They will work good on there for events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: acala91

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I am sure this will get some conversation, but I am working with what I have and this part is only temporary. I took a whelen 700 5mm smart led , added a cigar plug and zip tied it to my passenger side visor as a flip down light. This is just until I put the light bar up there or come up with a dash light. Also I put the siren is as well. No pictures because it is just sitting there until I build my console. So here is a video of my poormans visor light.

https://youtu.be/3X-7e2XJX4A

Reactions: NVFD612 and paff2

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Hows this for some 360° warning eh? Lol. Not really. But I have an old console I built for a buddy of mine , that he removed from his old truck, that I am going to cut down and rework into on for my truck. If not he has a procopper That I can snag. The idea for that on is to just use the metal sides and make a new bottom and rear out of wood. Either way in the close to near future I will have a console to start putting stuff in permanently

uploadfromtaptalk1437279588631.jpg

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Here is a glimpse of the future: The Colorado has been down due to some mechanical issues and was stripped of its setup. In the next couple of months the repairs will be done and the next install can begin.
Here is a rendering I did because I was bored.
2006_chevrolet_colorado_crew_cab.jpg
List of equipment to be installed:(This is equipment I already have)
Custom Whelen Patriot/Liberty (I will do a build write up on the bar soon)
2x Whelen 500 tir6 red in the grill
1x Whelen Uhf2150 HLF
2x Whelen vertex Red in front corner lights
1 whelen single talon red below RVM
StrobesNmore e46 Red with Amber traffic advisor override
4 whelen strobe HAWs tail/brake lights
Console
Radios: (used for Volunteer and career fire and ems depts, as well as ham)
1 VHF XPR4550
1 UHF XPR4550
1 800 XTL5000
1 Lowband CDM1550
Siren/switch panel - FedSig PA-640 with Fedsig Dynamax speaker

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.