2007 Chevy Impala POV

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
I'm a volunteer fire LT. in Connecticut so we are all blue lights unless you are a Chief officer.

In the front I have:

1 Whelen Dual Avenger

2 Whelen Linz 6's

2 Whelen 500 series Led's for intersectors,

1 Sound off headlight flasher

The rear has:

2 Whelen dual talons

2 Whelen Vertex HAW's

1 Whelen Slimlighter

I also have a Motorola CDM 1250 Mobile Radio, and a Whelen 295hfsa5 Siren installed in a custom home built console.

CDM 1250 Installed under dash.

DSCF0042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Looks awesome for many reasons:

-no split patterns

-no seizure patterns

-sync'd lightheads

-not overdone

:thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
philyumpshus said:
Looks awesome for many reasons:

-no split patterns

-no seizure patterns

-sync'd lightheads

-not overdone

:thumbsup:

+1. Great install. Intersections are well-covered with the 500s, with very good forward and rear warning. The only thing I'd change is I'd move the LIN3's to the little windows behind the back doors for better side coverage, and replace them with TIR3's in the grille.

Well done. :thumbsup:

rlemt

Jul 10, 2010
Queens, NY
looks awesome!

just one questions, where did you install the radio? i have the 09 impala civi and i cant figure out where to install it.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
rlemt said:
just one questions, where did you install the radio? i have the 09 impala civi and i cant figure out where to install it.
Would you be able to do a remote mount, and keep it conspicuous? How about

Chevrolet_Impala_2009_Interior_1.jpg

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
rlemt said:
looks awesome!

My car has no console so I mounted it under the bottom of the dash in the middle. I have a remote head so the main part is in the trunk. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
nerdly_dood said:
+1. Great install. Intersections are well-covered with the 500s, with very good forward and rear warning. The only thing I'd change is I'd move the LIN3's to the little windows behind the back doors for better side coverage, and replace them with TIR3's in the grille.

Well done. :thumbsup:

I have thought about putting lights there. If I do I was going to just use more Linear 3's

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
my only suggestion is moving the split color light to the middle it looks out of place in the left with nothing on the right just my .02 cents, besides that nice install LT! do it yourself?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
spc2315 said:
my only suggestion is moving the split color light to the middle it looks out of place in the left with nothing on the right just my .02 cents, besides that nice install LT! do it yourself?

great looking install. no split fail, all synced, not over done. looks GREAT. my ONLY complaint is that B/A lighthead. you may need to add one more to the other side, or just remove it and put it in the side windows. (with another one of course)

rsmartin

Aug 17, 2011
Stamford NY
I'm outfitting a 2010 Impala I just bought, I'll have to post some pics when I'm done.Just got it Friday :)

So far I have a VULTURE L2, all blue, on the dash and have a 4 pack of Whelen hideaway strobes coming. Looks like the strobes will be a piece of cake to install in the headlights and tail lights. Also looking to add 2 LEDs to the back deck with at least 3 diodes each, 1 blue and 1 amber.

I like mjberryjr's idea of putting some small LEDs in the back door windows.

They must have loosened up a bit in CT, when I lived there flashing headlights on a POV were a no no unless you had a white light permit.

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
rsmartin said:
I'm outfitting a 2010 Impala I just bought, I'll have to post some pics when I'm done.Just got it Friday :)
So far I have a VULTURE L2, all blue, on the dash and have a 4 pack of Whelen hideaway strobes coming. Looks like the strobes will be a piece of cake to install in the headlights and tail lights. Also looking to add 2 LEDs to the back deck with at least 3 diodes each, 1 blue and 1 amber.

I like mjberryjr's idea of putting some small LEDs in the back door windows.

They must have loosened up a bit in CT, when I lived there flashing headlights on a POV were a no no unless you had a white light permit.

Now in CT you can get a "flashing headlight" permit from your town if the Chief of police signs off on it. Our town decided to save it for just officers.

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
spc2315 said:

Yes I did install it all myself. Right now all of the front lights are on one switch, the headlight flasher is on its own switch, and all of the rears are on their own switch.

rsmartin

Aug 17, 2011
Stamford NY
mjberryjr said:
Now in CT you can get a "flashing headlight" permit from your town if the Chief of police signs off on it. Our town decided to save it for just officers.

Thats great. Back in the 80's and early 90's we didn't even have wig wags on the ambulance.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
rsmartin said:
Thats great. Back in the 80's and early 90's we didn't even have wig wags on the ambulance.

we STILL don't have wig wags on our ambulances, and its 2012 . what a joke :hopeless:

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
I decided that I wanted to divide up how my lights were switched and I wanted to mount my radio better so I made this console and added the siren. Hope you all like it.

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
Az_Medic said:
I would slow the pattern on front headliner, at night it looks like steady burn.

I did, I haven't gotten a chance to update the night video yet. I separated the lights out because of flashback and stuff so at night I usually run just the grille lights and wig wags.

Blask3

Jul 2, 2012
Ansonia, CT
I have a 2012 impala and I need to put my grill lights in. How did you put yours in? Did you take the bumper off?

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Blask3 said:
I have a 2012 impala and I need to put my grill lights in. How did you put yours in? Did you take the bumper off?

I was with him when he put them in and he didn't have to take the bumper off. I know for the siren and lower corner lights he took out the headlights and it made a lot more room. I will let him know that you asked.

mjberryjr

Nov 18, 2011
Northfield, CT
I did not have to take the bumper off. The grille just pops out after you take off some of the fasteners off on the top. It takes a littel pulling but it comes right off. I don't know if they changed that at all on the newer models.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.