2007 Ford Expedition

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Here's what I did:

Moved the 5MM leds in the lightbar to the rear, added 4 Linear heads to the front and 2 to the rear.

Added 2 M7s to the grille.

Added Headlight flasher.

Added Whelen switchbox with a slider switch, which replaced a crappy old pushbutton style one.

Everything else was already installed by Team Electronics in Minot, ND, which did an overall poor job on the vehicle.

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af308_i94vehicleoutfitters_Installs_P7250007.jpg

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af308_i94vehicleoutfitters_Installs_P7250003.jpg

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af308_i94vehicleoutfitters_Installs_P7250004.jpg

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af308_i94vehicleoutfitters_Installs_P7250006.jpg

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af308_i94vehicleoutfitters_Installs_P7250001.jpg

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af308_i94vehicleoutfitters_Installs_P7250002.jpg

VIDEO: http://s1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/i94vehicleoutfitters/Installs/?action=view&current=P7250008.mp4

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Looks really good. Love the M7's. I have 14 of them on my POV. They are really bright. Its about time ppl use the new M7's and not the Super 700series.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Wow, so pretty much all you had on there before was the light bar and the arrow stick? And is that an old Kustom on the dash? I wonder why the dept would spend so much on such a large vehicle but only put on lights that can't be seen by most vehicles (IDT most cars would be able to see the light bar if the truck was behind them).

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
RL1 said:
Wow, so pretty much all you had on there before was the light bar and the arrow stick? And is that an old Kustom on the dash? I wonder why the dept would spend so much on such a large vehicle but only put on lights that can't be seen by most vehicles (IDT most cars would be able to see the light bar if the truck was behind them).

Yeah before I worked on it, it had 1 red and 1 blue 5mm leds facing forward plus the TDs and corner strobes. That's all. :roll:

Main reason for the Expedition is the state bid pricing and that fact that in rural ND 4x4 for winter is a MUST.

Honestly in rural ND, unless the highway patrol has it (or Galls), these people don't really know what kind of products are out there or care. After I told the Chief that it's kind of a liability to not have enough lighting, he was more than willing to deck it out.

Yes that is a old Kustom. He just uses that because it was sitting around in the city shop (Doesn't write tickets with it). I guess they are getting a stalker radar through the safe and sober program sometime in the near future.

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
i hope that counting unit is held on with something more than sun-melted velcro?! a good fender bender and that thing will probly take your head off. the upgrades look good, overall looks like a nice unit.

harwood39

May 26, 2010
Fargo, ND
Looks good, I am from ND myself. Fargo. I absolutely hate the work Team Electronic does... I knew a few people that worked at the one here in Fargo way back. Not my choice, especially for emergency equipment.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Jasen Hatfield said:
i hope that counting unit is held on with something more than sun-melted velcro?! a good fender bender and that thing will probly take your head off. the upgrades look good, overall looks like a nice unit.

Yeah that was a temp job for a few days until the new radar was put in.

I just installed a new Watch Guard digital video camera system as well as a Decatur Genesis II radar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.