2007 Ford Five Hundred

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
This is the third or fourth version of my wifes car. I get bored with it and change it up every now and then. This version (which I will probably leave alone for a long time) features the following:

Federal Viper EXTs behind grill. Synced with Federal Dual Viper in windshield

Strobes in front turn signals

Headlight flasher

Cuda Trioptoics in side windows

Federal Signal Condor dash light in rear window

Tail light flasher

Federal PA 300

There are 2 toggle switches in the center console. One switch for lights, the other for siren. The siren tones are changed via the steering wheel. It is simple enough and works.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Looks nice and clean. I would move two of those Cudas to the rear window and ad a little light there. Looks weird with that single dash light in the rear...

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
lafd55 said:
Looks nice and clean. I would move two of those Cudas to the rear window and ad a little light there. Looks weird with that single dash light in the rear...

Yeah but the way I looked at it was that this is used to respond to the station. There is really no need for a lot to the rear since it is very rare that she responds to the scene in this vehicle.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
lafd55 said:
Ditto.

Switch the Viper and the Condor around. It's all about balance !

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Ok, but still. The Cudas are really too close to be truly effective. You should get an intersection bracket for the front license plate or a pair of SoundOff Intersectors for under the side mirrors, because your front end will reach the intersection first, unless you plan on driving in reverse the entire way....

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
the 4 cudas in the rear windows are usless. move two the the front for intersection, and move two to the rear window. You say its only used to respond to the station, so im gonna assume that its not gonna be parked blocking roads right?

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Storm4200 said:
the 4 cudas in the rear windows are usless. move two the the front for intersection, and move two to the rear window. You say its only used to respond to the station, so im gonna assume that its not gonna be parked blocking roads right?

With the rare exception it is not going to blocking any roads. If I move 2 to the front and 2 to the rear then I have no side coverage.

I know everyone has their own opinion, but I like it how it is. I was also working with a verrrrryyyyy limited budget and stuff I had around the house. I thought of doing the Sound Off Intecector lights but they cost $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
lafd55 said:
Intersection bracket. would work great!!

10-75 Stealth Intersection Bracket

I am well aware of the options out there. I am well aware of the intersection bracket. I know it might not be the ideal intersection lighting, but the youtube video does not do it a lot of justice. The corner strobes in the headlights do a surprisingly good job of off axis and intersection lighting. The cudas do a good job of side coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I like it. I am trying to figure out what to put on my mini cooper for "case sh!t" moments when I need to stop on scene. I actually stop quite a bit with all the wrong way driving drunks out here.

Ghost1141

Apr 14, 2016
Kentucky
This thread is a tad old but any chance you have pictures of the equipment mounting locations in the truck? I have a five hundred and looking for ideas

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.