2007 Impala 9C1 HLF?

kadetklapp

Veteran Member
May 21, 2010
Indiana
Helping a guy I work with set up a 2007 Impala 9C1. Does this car have a PCM controlled HLF like the Charger does? For some reason I was thinking it did.

kadetklapp said:
Helping a guy I work with set up a 2007 Impala 9C1. Does this car have a PCM controlled HLF like the Charger does? For some reason I was thinking it did.

No. You must use a Plug-N-Play flasher for the headlights to wig/wag. It does, however, have a factory PCM controlled taillight flasher that will activate once you've installed the PNP W/W flasher and trigger it.

Ok thanks. And this is a standard feature? He's confused about what, if any flasher he needs to order.

One odd thing is that the TLF will not work when you override the wig wags with your high beams.

kadetklapp said:
Ok thanks. And this is a standard feature? He's confused about what, if any flasher he needs to order.
Yes, standard on the Police Package 06-10. I'd recommend the SoundOff ETHIMPØ-Ø6+ or the Whelen SSFPOSI6. Both will work great, but the Whelen gives you a few more patterns.

RL1 said:
One odd thing is that the TLF will not work when you override the wig wags with your high beams.
This happens because the PNP flasher you install is what provides the signal (it's a ground signal) to the BCM to flash the tails. In overriding the flasher operation by hitting the high beams, you also disable the signal to the BCM for the TL flash.

You can split the front and rear flashers. When you cut the rear flasher activation, you can apply ground to it and enable the rear flashers

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381