2007 Impala Hide-Away Pictures

EMS7EMT

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
Hey guys,

Just bought 2 SOS Undercover LED inserts. Anyone have pictures or the best idea to mount them in the front headlights? Seems to be the best to do it in the low-beam area but I just don't know the best spot to drill the hole.

thanks

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
EMS7EMT said:
Hey guys,

Just bought 2 SOS Undercover LED inserts. Anyone have pictures or the best idea to mount them in the front headlights? Seems to be the best to do it in the low-beam area but I just don't know the best spot to drill the hole.

thanks

I would recommend not putting them in the low beam section of the headlight. They will be useless when the headlights are on. I would put them in the turn signal portion. Also, mount them close to the factory bulb as this will give you the best output and will be the best placement in the reflector

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I had an 07 Impala at my last dept and the strobes were in the low beams, coming up from the bottom. Looked great during the day, but was washed out at night. Same with the other 07 that had them mounted sideways. I've seen them placed in the high beams but 1. looks totally stupid, 2. stupid to have strobes and wig wags in the same housing, and 3. defeats the purpose of 'intersection warning'.

Edit: found my pics

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_DSCF0590.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_DSCF0586.jpg

EMS7EMT

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
you think putting it more forward in the housing would make for little more side warning? obviously it isnt going to be the best side warning but just a little something.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
EMS7EMT said:
you think putting it more forward in the housing would make for little more side warning? obviously it isnt going to be the best side warning but just a little something.

Yes, which is what I meant to say in my first post. It needs to be far enough forward to be seen from the side, but far enough back to not melt the lens and still fill the reflector. I added a dash light, which covered my headlight sensor, so I just turned my lights off every time I got in the car on day shift. It really helped the strobes be seen during the day.

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_th_DSCF0746.jpg

Sigh, I miss that car.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.