2007 Subaru Legacy ideas

Mrbaxter

Oct 16, 2013
Connecticut
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for upgrade ideas for my brother's 2007 Subaru Legacy. Currently he has a blue cobra 1x under the rvm, blue T3s in the grille, and blue strobes n more hideaways in the rear. That's all primarily for responding to fire calls. For EMS, he has a dual tir style knock off light the company gave him. He's been given permission to use his blue lights for both services by both chiefs while responding to calls and while on scene so he's looking to upgrade a bit. He wants to do an ILB in the front. The problem is, we can't really find a bar that is capable of both blue and green independently. So here are my questions:

1) what bars will fit in an 07 legacy?
2) I know with cobra bars you can swap out the take downs with colored modules. Is it possible to order a cobra that is blue with green takedowns, and flash the green takedowns independently from the rest of the modules?
3) any other suggestions?

He's not trying to break the bank, so we aren't looking for anything too expensive.

Thanks for the help!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for upgrade ideas for my brother's 2007 Subaru Legacy. Currently he has a blue cobra 1x under the rvm, blue T3s in the grille, and blue strobes n more hideaways in the rear. That's all primarily for responding to fire calls. For EMS, he has a dual tir style knock off light the company gave him. He's been given permission to use his blue lights for both services by both chiefs while responding to calls and while on scene so he's looking to upgrade a bit. He wants to do an ILB in the front. The problem is, we can't really find a bar that is capable of both blue and green independently. So here are my questions:

1) what bars will fit in an 07 legacy?
2) I know with cobra bars you can swap out the take downs with colored modules. Is it possible to order a cobra that is blue with green takedowns, and flash the green takedowns independently from the rest of the modules?
3) any other suggestions?

He's not trying to break the bank, so we aren't looking for anything too expensive.

Thanks for the help!

If he's got permission to run blue for both, why does he still want green?

Your brother won't find an ILB that fits a Subaru unless he gets a universal ILB and modifies the brackets and flashback shield (and even that doesn't guarantee a proper fit). Honestly, I'd recommend getting a really good dual dash light like a dual avenger/viper and maybe something on the headliner (either above the RVM or on the passenger side of it), such as a TIR6 slimlighter or something more economical like the star lineum mini phantom.
How tall is the hood scoop? That's a nice place for covert light mounting (i.e. Ions, axixtech ST6), etc)

For the rear, keep it simple, like a single dash light on each side of the rear deck (i.e. Single avenger, single viper, single fusion 180, etc)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.